Clutch judder & electric window issues

ddc

Hi all,

I really love my "ugly" 06 Tolly..

But I've got a couple of issues..

1. Bad clutch judder when accelerating through 2000rpm in third..

2. Electric front windows closing after a "one shot" up and then going straight back down by themselves!!

Anyone had the same problems??

Dealer is gonna replace the clutch but says there is no fix for the windows..

Cheers

ddc

conkerman

Oct 18, 2006
If your car is a 1.9 TDi and the judder is most apparant at part throttle then this is NOT clutch judder, clutch judder occurs when taking up drive. It is down to the ECU and iw wel known on the Altea/toledo This can be cured by an update to the ECU software. Mine is in for this on Tuesday.

The window issues should be sorted by adjusting the switch that tells the window motor that the window is up.

Have a chat to the dealer should be straight forward to fix.

ddc

Hi Conkerman,

thanks for the reply.. Clutch issue or whatever it is, happens mostly in third gear when accelerating through 2000rpm.I get quite a violent vibration through the drive train & steering wheel.. Issue is very repeatable and happens more with a full load or up hill. Local dealer is sure its a problem with the fluid clutch???

As for the windows, dealer says there is no adjustment and he would have to replace the motor/regulator.. Sounds like he's just trying to get some extra warrenty work!!!

Cheers

ddc

conkerman

Oct 18, 2006
What model Toledo do you have??

Just chuck it in under warrantee, have done with it and demant that its fixed.

Gaz

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
windows have a anti strangle feature to stop and go back down if they are obstructed

sometimes if you are putting the window up and you go over a bump it can trigger this "safety feature"

it has been known to be triggered by wind turbulence when at motorway speeds and putting the windows up

if it is doing it all the time then the window regulator may need replacing or adjusting so as to stop it binding on the rubber seals

hope this sheds some light on it for you

aceman

May 6, 2002
West Yorkshire
Visit site
Your clutch problem sound like a faulty Dual Mass Fylwheel to me. The DMF is designed to smooth out vibrations from the engine and if it is faulty can cause serious vibrations which ultimatly may cause damge to the gearbox if not sorted.

conkerman

Oct 18, 2006
My engine vibrations have completely gone since my ECU software was updated. :) My car is now runs much smoother and quieter too!

DMF failure is usually accompanied by strange noises on startup as the startermotor engages/disengages, also the engine generally tries to shake itself out of the car when running at low engine speeds.

Again, your car should still be under warrantee. Take it to the dealers and demand its fixed! :)

Cheers

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Hi. I left my toledo into the dealer in belfast this morning to get few things sorted out, rattles and few scrapes that were in the car when i got it. mentioned to them about a judder at 1500rpm in 5th, they rang today and are replacing the clutch? Going by this post im taking the side of the software because it not happening at any other time!? will i let them put the clutch in or say about the software again? or will let then replace it and then get software fixed if it still doing it afterwards?

conkerman

Oct 18, 2006
Fair enough.

Hope the Flywheel/clutch sorts it mate. My vibes were not strong and at a frequency of about 2Hz. Would make you feel pretty sick after a while!

Keep us informed.

Gaz

ddc

Wow nice responcea guys.. sorry I've been at the coal face for the last few weeks!! Anyway dealer call late last week to confirm new clutch is in.. I'll give him a call and aarrange fitting next week.... Looks like I'll have to squeese myself into a Fabia for a few days while clutch and dash rattle get sorted...

Anyone checked our the latest Tollys with MP3 stereos withAUX inputs???

Cheers

DDC

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
hi. got my car sorted out... i hope.. no sign of the juddering, clutch and flywheel was replaced and no sign of the shakes yet. will let you all knw if anything does happen and how pi**ed i wil be if it does!

TDI_luver

Jul 11, 2006
Ireland
Hi Googies,

Have had a bad judder with my '06 Toledo 1.9 tdi since new (now about 12K miles on it) when accelerating hard in 5th from about 1500 rpm (as if overtaking from low revs)...never had a diesel car do this before...the whole cars shakes like it's going to disintegrate....like there is dirt in the fuel or something.....if you back off the pedal and accelerate less harshly it stops doing this. (Not much good if you're overtaking)....or drop down into 4th and floor it.

Also, when stopped at traffic lights in neutral the car tends to "shiver" or "tremble" much the like the old diesels (i remember my father's MKII Golf 1.6D, but that was 1984, diesels were still rough brutes back then).

Complained once to the dealer about it, they said they drove it an dcouldnt reproduce the problem...looks like I'll have to take then for a spin......

Also have the wet window problem when you wind down the window then wind it back up again, the glass is soaking on the inside. Also complained about this, dealer said they never saw the problem before, have no idea how to fix it....

Does the judder / shivering symptoms sound the same as your problem ? I'm wondering if its the flywheel or software. Dealer already said that the car did not need software update based on its chassis number ........

I need to attack them again about this !!

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Hi, yeah, it does sound exactly like my symptoms, happened from i got the car, but didnt know what it was for a week o so until i found the exact point to replicate the problem. But booked into dealer and they said it was the flywhel and clutch. I would print off this thread and bring it out when theytell you again that it is a pile of sh!t that nothing wrong!! I had small shivers in the car, every few seconds, nothing major but sitting still you can feel it?? Minie not so much now, but could be more run in by now if that has anything to do with it or the flywheel being relaced.

Wet window problem is HIGHLY irritating!!!! i hate dirty windows, leaves a smear across whole window!! Apparantly there is a fix but only one mechanic somewhere in England knows about it according to the thread it in.

Hope this helps? Still is nice car though, even though few weak spots in the power but still can shift!! Had few good hard droves yesterday on back roads near the .CoLouth area, (you know whatsome of them are like!!) and it took it very well!!

schoma1

hi my 55 plate tolly had this judder problem took it to the dealer where i bought it they said it was the fly wheel they replaced it with a new clutch under warranty. there was a recal on all 2.0 tdi's and some 1.9 tdi's

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise