Clutch noise???? **Update**

Devoncupra

I have this intermittent problem with my clutch pedal. When I press on the clutch pedal it makes a sort of 'clunking' noise, it happens as you start to press the clutch? no other problems with the clutch or cable apart from this noise?

Devoncupra

Just been out in the car again and it's making the 'clunking' noise all the time now, a couple of times the clutch pedal stuck down and I had to pull it back up with my foot. Other than this the clutch still feels stiff (as they are on they ABF engine).

Can anyone help with what this might be? :confused:

Devoncupra

No suggestions then???? I've been reading some other posts and it looks like it could be the pedal box that needs replacing :censored:

Caffienated

Dec 2, 2009
Bristol
If it was a 205 or fester or escy I'd say pedal box, but I haven't got my hands dirty on my Ibiza yet... Does sound like a possibility though.

On pugs, there's a bolt through the frame that the pedal pivots on, if it works loose you can get a similar sound.

Either way, check it out. If your pedal box goes on you all of a sudden you can't drive very well... and if you were driving hard it could be extremely dangerous!

Devoncupra

I've had a chance to look at the problem this morning and it isn't the pedal box, looks like the previous owner modified it, take a look at this modification;

053.jpg

I've located where the noise is coming from too;

065.jpg

Any ideas how I can sort this out as I don't want the cable to come off of the pedal when I am driving along!

Caffienated

Dec 2, 2009
Bristol
Cable ties would be a bodgy temporary fix!

I think replacing the modified parts are your real answer though.

Any idea why the mod? Is your car running a non-standard cable length? Or has the pedal been modded to alter the feel or just 'repaired'?

Devoncupra

I think the mod was done to alter the feel of the clutch and also to stop the pedal box breaking