Clutch prices?!

metal-head

Hello all. I don't know if anyone can help. I need a new clutch on my 53 plate Toledo 20vt, I've been getting some prices. Mr Clutch want £495(obviously this would be non genuine parts) and Steele's(a local dealer) wanted about £640( i believe this was genuine parts). Do these prices seem about right to what anyone has experienced? Just trying to get some opinions.
As I've mentioned in a previous post, I know this is the Leon forum, its just you guys are a lot more active.
Any help/advice welcome. Cheers in advance....;)

smiff

Jun 14, 2006
stoke on trent
Are those prices fitted or just parts i paid £350 for a full luk clutch kit and dual mass flywheel from GSF fitting is about £150 :)

metal-head

They are fitted prices. Just seem a bit high to me! They have also mentioned the fly wheel which would be extra if it needed replacing!

smiff

Jun 14, 2006
stoke on trent
You may aswell replace the fly wheel too but those prices are high for a standard clutch try gsf to get the bits yourself and then look for someone to fit them dont forget the slave cylider you mayaswell do that too:)

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Mr Clutch aren't that bad, they are the cheapest in my area and they buy LUK clutches which are OE in about 50% of cars (Sachs and Valeo are also used). VAG use Sachs and LUK for OE, and both are as good as eachother.

Some 1.8T's will need a new concentric slave cylinder and if you had clutch judder and/or drove it for a while with a knackered clutch, a flywheel change is required. Get your reg and ring GSF, ECP and all the local factors to get prices. LUK do complete kits for the job which work out cheaper (called Repset Pro), so ask them to price one of them up at the same time.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.