Clutch slip on standard fr tdi?

SportCider

Is it possible to get clutch slip on a standard fr tdi? i ask only because i picked one up yesterday and it seems to slip in the higher gears when you nail it from lower down, so i presume its been remapped...

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
what year is your ibiza? is it new?

my only guess..presuming its not new is that the clutch is old and prob needs replacing

SportCider

what year is your ibiza? is it new?

my only guess..presuming its not new is that the clutch is old and prob needs replacing

57 plater...just over a year old. It does feel very quick...but iv just come from a pd100

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
Its strange that such a new car would have a slipping clutch (but depends on the mileage and how it was driven before), its worth getting it checked over. Could be a faulty clutch i guess, very hard to say though :(

SportCider

yer i think i'm going to have to take it in...if it has been remapped won't they put on the stock map so it doesnt happen? this maybe pointless as i was planning on getting it mapped anyway.

sydoggkdy

Jan 23, 2008
Kirkcaldy!!
yer i think i'm going to have to take it in...if it has been remapped won't they put on the stock map so it doesnt happen? this maybe pointless as i was planning on getting it mapped anyway.

if its allready been remapped then your map money can go in the clutch fund!

but how many miles has it done ? (don't think u said)

si

SportCider

or get seat to fit a new clutch then sell it and replace with an aftermarket job?

done 15k

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
Does seem early for clutch slip, although 15k is probably enough time for someone to have really abused it if they were so inclined

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
If you do need a new clutch which it sounds like you do then please get an uprated one put in it! as if n when you up the power you could kill another standard clutch very quickly!
If its getting done under waranty ask them if they will give you the value of an OEM clutch to put towards an uprated one :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members