Coilovers arrived!

neath_jmj

Mar 1, 2006
South Wales
Yep they have arrived!! bought from Phil Jackson!

On the paper work its says they fit VW Polo 6N 10/99 and Seat Ibiza 6k /08/99 now just to check these are the right ones for my mkm2 ibiza arnt they? i hav a t reg mk2 ibiza.

Also on the coilovers the springs are split in two, in the middle there is a small round disk that lokks like it can be wound up and down what is that for??? on my old fk ak coilovers it never had that.

Any info would be great!

neath_jmj

Mar 1, 2006
South Wales
ive got fk highsports, but my mates got them on his polo.... yea theyre the right ones... 6k ibiza 6n polo. Hes got them wound all the way to the bottom and the ride is still surprisingly good

Hey cheers mate, what size alloys he got?

I got 15x7 et29 with 195/45/15 tyres hoping to go pretty low!

Mckellar

ive got those coilovers, the front and rear are wound right down, theres about 10 threads from the bottom, ride quality is good, i dont get rubbing.

Good luck, and pics when your finished also

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
ive got those coilovers, the front and rear are wound right down

i will try to go as low as possible

hes on 13'' steelies so its practically on the floor...

got them wound all the way to the bottom

Hahahaha, this thread made me think of Mork's memorable post:

taking the advice from people (or valuing their opinion) when all they want to do is 'wind it down to the bump stops' is like asking a vegetarian how they like their steak - a waste of time.

p.s. I've got mine wound down as low as I can without making the wheels rub :whistle:

Mig

Arlo

Hi guys.I am a new member and i found your forum,looking for opinions about the TA Technics coilovers.I am about to get a kit for my Ibiza but i dont really know if they are good or not.Could anybody give some feedback about those coilovers?Are they as good as advertised?

Mckellar

mines are sensibly wound down..

as sensible as 70mm is :D
no rubbing, can still drive it and JUST get over speed bumps, no problems from me

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
am i only the only person seeing "being wound to the bump stops" an issue? ... if u hit a decent pot hole which lets face it in the UK happens surely it will bottom out straight away and blow the seal?

id leave at least a little movement in it

Mckellar

mines are fine, always have been since ive had my 2 ibiza's lowered excess of 60mm on coilovers each time.

Take your time, dont hammer it round corners and your suspension will last.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members