Coilovers with Shorter Droplinks fitted...

PH1L NI

Agnew SEAT
Jan 6, 2009
Northern Ireland
www.modmedia.co.uk
Very good nice and low etc etc..

But my car is making funny knocking noises on the passenger side.

It aint the driveshaft and ARB because there is a MASSIVe amount of clearance between them with the shorter links...

it must be something else... but WHAT?!

Driving me mad!! Drivers side is perfet not one little rattle this other side is driving me up the wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like a banging sound when inside the car you could almost describe it as a bang/pop noise..

Any ideas?!?!

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Only does this on turning to?

If so I found out what mine is the bit the arb drop links bolt to are hitting the Inner wheel wing.

Take wheel off and have a look for somemarks on the inner wing :)

Lee

Monks Seat

Mar 23, 2009
Birmingham
alrite m8,
i have the same problem on my car and up 2 date seat have replaced the following:-
ARB
Droplinks
Power Steering Pump
Power Steering Rack
Front Bushes

the noise was still there so i took it bk and it has gota have the suspension top mounts replaced so hopefully this will b it! lol. i will let u no when the work is dun. its in the garage now.

Mar 8, 2007
LOL.

I have the same.

I have AP Coilovers.

Only on the passenger side yeah?!

Mines like a little clunky noise over bumps and like a poppy grindy noise turning RIGHT.

I know the droplink (standard size, clears the driveshaft fine) is hitting the arch, but only on LEFT full lock, so it aint that.

Aint got a bloody clue mate.

Brand new wishbone bushes, brand new top mounts, brand new ARB bushes, brand new droplinks.

DRIVING ME ****ING MENTAL!

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
thats the one.... its grinding my balls...

i will find it i only get the knocking noise when turning right not left. i got about an inch or 2 between the ARB to the Drive shaft. so i dont think its that.

:S

Lee

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Looks like your all desiels?

Screwed my KW v1 down to the bottom but allowed the required 30mm clearance from thread to underside of adjuster. Got no problems so far apart from what looks like a rusty front ARB.

Have no problems at present but mines a petrol..... could it be a weight issue?

May 29, 2008
Aberdeenshire
Looks like your all desiels?

Screwed my KW v1 down to the bottom but allowed the required 30mm clearance from thread to underside of adjuster. Got no problems so far apart from what looks like a rusty front ARB.

Have no problems at present but mines a petrol..... could it be a weight issue?

im runing a petrol cupra....with Jamex coilover and v-max droplinks!

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
lol i love how we all have teh same issue and no one knows what it is.

i am going to try the following.

1) Check the top mount screw - make sure its secured properly.
2) Check the Bushes on Wishbone - 3rear old 70k never been changed
3) check Top Mounts - i know passenger side has been changed but drivers side hasnt. isnt it this side making the noise when no underload?
4) Cry

Lee

Mar 8, 2007
What I've tried so far and no change:

1) Fitted new droplinks as I had shorter ones but changed them for standard length as they weren't needed.

2) Brand new top mounts went in with coilovers - got an offset 22mm spanner and checked the nut was tight and it is very tight.

3) Greased everything with lithium grease.

4) Brand new front and rear wishbone bushes

5) Brand new ARB bushes and checked the stops were still on.

6) Braking really hard from 80mph to 0 hoping something would bugger off

7) Driving really fast in a circle hoping something would break off and it would be fine again

8) Cried into my pillow shouting "I hate you car, I hate you!"

One thing I have noticed is that if I put the car into REVERSE, and go round and round backward full lock I dont get any noises lol.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.