Coilovers with Shorter Droplinks fitted...

May 29, 2008
Aberdeenshire
got my car over a pit this weekend, the noise i have been getting was......drivers side droplink worked itself loose! :confused: soo tightened it up and no noise........but that knocking noise was masking another noise lol which turns out to be worn anti roll bar bushes!

I know everyone has checked this, but might be worth checking the droplinks are supertight!!

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
ok i need some one who has this problem to try something for me

i noticed today if i reverse and apply fairly sharpe braking i get the knock sound.

what to see if any one else is getting this.

i need to investigate this now

Lee

May 29, 2008
Aberdeenshire
ok i need some one who has this problem to try something for me

i noticed today if i reverse and apply fairly sharpe braking i get the knock sound.

what to see if any one else is getting this.

i need to investigate this now

Lee

i had this too....and was due to the anti roll bar droplink being loose....i know u have checked this among other things! might be worth getting the front end in the air and seeing if there is any play with the anti roll bar, also noticed that on the 20vt at least, the anti roll bar sits very tight against the downpipe and exhaust heatshield.

May 29, 2008
Aberdeenshire
might be worth going over all the bolts that hold the shock in the strut....and the bolt that holds the shock in the arm.....just sounds like from ur description that something is moving/loose!

Hope u get it sorted

Andy

Adam180

May 26, 2008
Northern Ireland
i had these same coilovers in my old 130 mate, also from northern ireland. in my case it was just the springs rubbing both over big bumps and turning more than half lock, altho the hottuning coilovers are a bargin for what they are, at that money they cant be all good yano?

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
mine is making a slight noice going to have a look later and make sure nothing is rubbing. mine is seriously though, nearly rounded all my arches out so it might well be the shorter droplinks are not short enough

Radge-Aha

Jun 11, 2009
This might sound like a stupid idea but why not try putting the original drop links back on and seeing if the noise is still there?

I have Spax RSX coilovers on my ibiza and i get no noises at all.

Im not very clued up with mechanics tho so it might not make a difference.

Also get someone to walk alongside the car as you turn slowly full right lock, see if they can identify where the noise is coming from, this worked for me with my old 106.

Radge-Aha

Jun 11, 2009
I thought all 3 cars were just badged/panelled slightly different?

I know pretty much all the ibiza parts have VW stamps on them

nossi_20v

Mar 8, 2009
Teesside
arrgghh ive just had coilover fitted to mine the other day, we never fitted the shorter droplinks as my mate said you don't need them. All we did was cut away a small part of the inner arch liners were the droplink would of caught and all was well for a few days. Now i have a knocking noise coming from the front of mine but the drivers side and its getting worse by the day. also if the cars not moving and u bounce the car so to speak the front divers side creaks really loud. Anybody got any ideas as its driving me crazy, sould this all be down to not having the smaller droplinks? Mines a petrol cupra btw and i really dont wana take the coilovers off lol:(

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.