Cold air feed to the air filter. What you got?

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
So before this gets to bent out of shape
1. I am not having a go at anyone or far from it.
2. Do what you want to your car - its your car- your choice
3. I am not an engineer or even a particularly intelligent person - I was just using this post to mull over the point that it doesn't matter what the temperature is going in because the action of the turbo in compressing the air will heat it up and then heat transference from the exhaust side will make it even hotter.
4. I should have made a seperate post - sorry.

Reactions: Rich.T

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
3. I am not an engineer or even a particularly intelligent person - I was just using this post to mull over the point that it doesn't matter what the temperature is going in because the action of the turbo in compressing the air will heat it up and then heat transference from the exhaust side will make it even hotter.

Ah it’s cool mate. Think the point is like you say the fact it’s cold don’t make a rats ass difference. It’s all about increasing that volume of free flowing air. Well that’s how I see it anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020

No need to apologise bud.

To be honest, as nice as my car is. On paper it probably isnt the most desirable.
So im just having a bit of fun with it.
Ive never had the money to modify a car thanks to my now ex bleeding me dry year after year (im not bitter lol).
Now i can afford to do bits n bobs so giving it a go.

Im hoping (price according) in about 5 years to find a mint, low mileage and low owner car. That will stay standard if im lucky enough to find one.

Rich

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Aye i think its more about a certain forum member offering no advice and then trying to act holier than though for not choosing stock. :poop:

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
No need to apologise bud.

To be honest, as nice as my car is. On paper it probably isnt the most desirable.
So im just having a bit of fun with it.
Ive never had the money to modify a car thanks to my now ex bleeding me dry year after year (im not bitter lol).
Now i can afford to do bits n bobs so giving it a go.

Im hoping (price according) in about 5 years to find a mint, low mileage and low owner car. That will stay standard if im lucky enough to find one.

Rich

Exactly the same. Even though the mods ive done have all made improvements, im still about tinkering and having fun. People forget that its not about doing other people's way, or choosing XYZ brand. Just do what you want and make it yours, have fun. F@ck everyone else.

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
God, I remember the days when people thought placing the intake of a CAI as low as you could meant colder air. Like a foot and a half made any difference to temperature 😂. The real reason was to take air from a stagnation point so the pressure could overcome filter restrictions.

Anyway, gonna take slight issue with the thought that it doesn't matter what temperature the air going is.

Compressing air heats it up, but it's proportional. By that I mean if there's a difference in intake temperature there will be a corresponding difference in post turbo air temperature.

Everyday running, you won't notice this, but it's about avoiding heat soak from the engine bay during extended high stress running such as a track day or spirited driving (at the speed limit of course officer) on the road.

At the end of the day, you pays yer money etc etc

Reactions: Rich.T
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members