cold air feed

RichardMurkin

Sep 12, 2008
Normanton (wakefield)
ive seen on a few cars that they have cut a hole out of the bumper and put an anodised ring there with a pipe to the filter/box.

I would like to do the same on mine, holesaw the bumper before it gets painted and fit the ring and pipe.

Can this be done on the mk2 and if so where can i get the ring and pipe from??

cheers lads

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
can you get the ring and pipe without having the full job lot though?? i like my drilled airbox so dont really wanna pay £190 for a filter that i dont want lol.

you can buy the piping (crezz is selling some at the moment in the for sale thread)
and you can buy a trumpet

i seen a few people put the trumpet in the lower splitter, and attach a jubilee to the piping to stop it from moving (as the trumpet stops it one way, and the jubilee in the opposite)

so you could try that?

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
If the intake was in the splitter could it not suck water up? They recommed it being on the same level as the grill area.

You could buy an intake and air duct from eBay pretty cheap

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
If the intake was in the splitter could it not suck water up? They recommed it being on the same level as the grill area.

You could buy an intake and air duct from eBay pretty cheap

isn't that what a air filter do? filter the crap it sucks up including liquids
as he wants to keep his airbox?

i know what you mean tho mate, i don't have a cold feed myself so can't comment, just saying an idea a few people have done :)

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
I'm not sure tbh, just noticed on my pipercross viper box it said to have it above a certain height. But can't imagine it would make much difference!

RichardMurkin

Sep 12, 2008
Normanton (wakefield)
they actually sell the duct and pipe at demontweeks, I was thinkin of holesawin the bumper on the smae level as the reg plate under the headlight then either tie wrappin or jubillee clip a piece of flexpipe straight to the air box.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
I had mine behind the lower grille on the bumper, well still have for the airbox to my bodies, saves you cutting your bumper and tbh I think it looks stuipd if you do it.

Only time there look any good is when people with Clio's remove a fog light for one.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.