color coded bumperstrips BLACK car

SeatR

Mar 17, 2008
Norway, Bergen
hey, anyone got a pic of a black ibiza with colorcoded bumperstrips?

And if i want to remove any lines before repainting the car, which should i do?

Wouldnt the lines in the arches downunder the rearlights crack after a while due to the movements in the chassis ?

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
I'm not keen on the CC with a black car. It looks great in photo's, but when I see it in the flesh it doesn't do anything for me? Sounds silly, but the only colours that really pull it off imo are silver and blue. I like the bump strips as it breaks it up a bit, especially on mine as they match my wheels!!

cuprachrissy

I'm not keen on the CC with a black car. It looks great in photo's, but when I see it in the flesh it doesn't do anything for me? Sounds silly, but the only colours that really pull it off imo are silver and blue. I like the bump strips as it breaks it up a bit, especially on mine as they match my wheels!!

agree with you fully riko, black cars with normal bumper strips looks ace, splits it up nicely.

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
i was going to cc my bump strips but im gonna keep them but buy new ones as mine are marked :( as they go with the lcr splitter and my wheels!

nickibizaCUPRA

mk3 CUPRA hell yeah!
Oct 15, 2005
crawley
i have an arctic mk3 cupra and decided to be different and smoothed my bump strips and lcr splitter and did them gloss black. i think it looks great. will post pics up soon.

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
When people say they have 'smoothed' their bumpers, are you referring to just the swage lines? I get confused as smoothing to me is smoothing out the whole bump strip so it isn't there anymore, like the LCR. I have noticed this in a few posts recently :confused:

rogers

rogers
Jan 8, 2006
bridgend, south wales
on the front bumper i have had the plate recess removed and now is a continuous bar across, and all the lines around the fog lights and flow around the side of the bumper, u saw my ibiza at ultimate dubs!

as for the rear just the swage lines and de-textured at the bottom!

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Just looked through my pics of UD to remind myself of yours rogers and it looks great with the numberplate recess smoothed out. It's so subtle on the black it's hard to notice, Im thinking about smoothing the bumpstrip out completely but unsure if it's a bit ott??

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
I love what you've done with the rear bumper so think I'll defo go that way. Also probly do the same as you with the front, but spray the bar anthracite like my wheels?

Mat

i have an arctic mk3 cupra and decided to be different and smoothed my bump strips and lcr splitter and did them gloss black. i think it looks great. will post pics up soon.

I've seen yours, however, I would have gone matt black - each to their own tho

cuprachrissy

rogers get some pics up of your bumbers! want 2 have a look as my car is going to the bodyshop on tuesday!

nickibizaCUPRA

mk3 CUPRA hell yeah!
Oct 15, 2005
crawley
pic for you!
P06-04-09_180401.jpg

P06-04-09_180403.jpg

cuprachrissy

if u spray ur wheels black it will look good, not sure though on how it is on the car now.

blackcupra51

i did mine cos they were scuffed, havnt got any good pics close up tho

duno wether i prefer standard strips or not...

3448525222_44ca36a57f.jpg

K2NY-G

That looks the ****ing tits mate! you got anymore pictures of it?