Connecting an external amplifier to the Arona’s infotainment

Jul 10, 2021
Very interesting thread. I'm considering buying an Arona (or maybe an Ibiza, i haven't decided yet but it's a very similar car) and installing an amplifier.

So in my knowledge, if I now swap the wires of front mids and reardoor speakers in the T-harness, I would get amplification for mids and tweeters in the Front. Is that right?
That makes sense, but there is a way to be sure of the pinout without any modification:
Play a low frequency tone, lets say 500hz. Set the balance and fader to front left only. Then, with a multimeter in AC mode, search on wich "pair" of pins you find a voltage. Even better, if you have a meter with frequency measurement, you can check if you get 500hz.
Repeat the process with a higher frequency (3000hz) to find the tweeters. Be careful with high frequencies, it can be bad for your earsight at high volume, wear earpugs or earmuffs if needed

With this method you can determine with certainty the pinout for each speaker, an wire the harness accordingly

Reactions: mathyou78

Sandm0n

Jun 4, 2021
Very interesting thread. I'm considering buying an Arona (or maybe an Ibiza, i haven't decided yet but it's a very similar car) and installing an amplifier.

That makes sense, but there is a way to be sure of the pinout without any modification:
Play a low frequency tone, lets say 500hz. Set the balance and fader to front left only. Then, with a multimeter in AC mode, search on wich "pair" of pins you find a voltage. Even better, if you have a meter with frequency measurement, you can check if you get 500hz.
Repeat the process with a higher frequency (3000hz) to find the tweeters. Be careful with high frequencies, it can be bad for your earsight at high volume, wear earpugs or earmuffs if needed

With this method you can determine with certainty the pinout for each speaker, an wire the harness accordingly
I've already confirmed the Quadloc speaker outputs (6 channels amplification for 6 speakers) , kindly read post #13.
Unless you'll get the 4 channel amplification runing 6 speakers Arona and then only the 4 wire pairs brown connector in the Quadloc will output sound (4 channel full range output) and the front tweeters connected in parallel to the front woofers high passed through an in-line capacitor.

Jul 14, 2021
Preston
An update…..
My plan was to connect the front speakers outputs signal tapping to the MMI’s quadloc connector so my Focal Ibus2.1 can get front speakers output for the sub and to “high pass” and power the front set of speakers with it’s built in 55w x 2 amplifier but….
I discovered that in my Arona there are 6 channel amplifier built inside the MMI so each one of the 6 speakers ( 2 tweeters, 2 front woofers, 2 rear full range speakers) receive it’s own power (6x20w), the front woofers and tweeters amplifier’s outputs are not full range!
…so unfortunately I had to tap to the front woofers signal and to power only the Focal’s built in sub without the front set of speakers.
In the attached photo you can see the woofers output marked in red and the tweeters marked in blue.
I don’t have any dongle and software or app to decode the Arona’s MMI for 4 channel output. View attachment 25157
Hi Sandm0n,

I am installing a Vibe OPTISOUNDAUTO8A-V2 sub and amp I just want to double check do you know which pins are +&- and L&R? I have the same 6x20w setup as you I tried to use the rear speaker wire colours to confirm but both rear door speakers are green with a white line and lilac with a white line there are 2 green wires at the bottom of the 6 speakers on the plug but don't match and continuity through the lot.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Sandm0n

Jun 4, 2021
Hi Sandm0n,

I am installing a Vibe OPTISOUNDAUTO8A-V2 sub and amp I just want to double check do you know which pins are +&- and L&R? I have the same 6x20w setup as you I tried to use the rear speaker wire colours to confirm but both rear door speakers are green with a white line and lilac with a white line there are 2 green wires at the bottom of the 6 speakers on the plug but don't match and continuity through the lot.
Thanks

Hi,

I tapped the Quadloc connector speakers output, you can use the pinout as in the attached photo.

Attachments

• 1122.png
    1122.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 168
  • 1133.png
    1133.png
    650 KB · Views: 161
Jul 14, 2021
Preston
Hi,

I tapped the Quadloc connector speakers output, you can use the pinout as in the attached photo.
OK so you used the front speakers not the rears damn haha just spliced rear good job I didn't finish

Sandm0n

Jun 4, 2021
OK so you used the front speakers not the rears damn haha just spliced rear good job I didn't finish

The rear doors speaker output is full range, the front doors speakers output is low pass signal, if you are running only subwoofer you can use either one of them.
I used the front doors output because my Focal Ibus 2.1 is powering the built in subwoofer and the front doors woofers (1x75w for the subwoofer and 2x55w for the front doors woofers).

Jul 14, 2021
Preston
The rear doors speaker output is full range, the front doors speakers output is low pass signal, if you are running only subwoofer you can use either one of them.
I used the front doors output because my Focal Ibus 2.1 is powering the built in subwoofer and the front doors woofers (1x75w for the subwoofer and 2x55w for the front doors woofers).
No you're right you'd get a better bass off the front doors so I assume pin 9 and 13 are front right?

Sandm0n

Jun 4, 2021
No you're right you'd get a better bass off the front doors so I assume pin 9 and 13 are front right?

Correct, the front doors woofers outputs are 9-13 and 10-14, make sure you connect + and - correctly.

Reactions: jjetstreamm
May 13, 2023
Correct, the front doors woofers outputs are 9-13 and 10-14, make sure you connect + and - correctly.
Refer to pics attached.

I've got myself a kenwood KSC-PSW7EQ subwoofer for my SEAT Arona SE technology

I've followed what's been said in this thread so far but just to clarify with connecting the after market woofer in line with the front door woofers did you just cut the wires and solder in the woofer wires?
(So the front door woofer wires come out the multi connector thing, cut them about an inch or two down then solder them together with the new subwoofer wire)

(First pick is multi connector block on bacl of SEAT easy connect box located in glove box, Second pic is the cables supplied with the kenwood subwoofer)

Attachments

• 16839902622028819937713546371927.jpg
    16839902622028819937713546371927.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 16839903054248459574525699927850.jpg
    16839903054248459574525699927850.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 94
May 13, 2023
Suspect he did.
I found an actual tutorial vid on youtube and instead of soldering they used bullet connectors and crimped the cut ends themselfs so I will go that route as if need be I can unplug the subwoofer and plug the door speakers in without it

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.