Consumption Leon FR (2.0 TFSI) 2007

mgoslett

Jun 27, 2015
So, I just wanted to ask what kind of consumption you guys are getting out of this model?

My car is in pretty good health, and has (as far as I can work out) been remapped which I'm aware will have it's implications. I generally average about 25/26 mpg which I feel is pretty crap.

I know what you're all thinking now, but no, I do not rag the hell out of it everywhere I go.

So what are you guys getting?

Alex_gregory_uk

Magnetic Tech Grey Cupra Formentor V2 Manual
Mar 14, 2015
York
My 2008 2.0 FR was getting an average of 28mpg. That was doing lots of short journeys. Now I'm doing longer journeys it is averaging about 34mpg on each journey. The average is creeping up and is at 30.4mpg now.

Nov 27, 2011
the Wirral
when i did have my mk2 fr petrol last year i was getting mid 30's to high. stage one apr with decat

its what i miss about my fr. try driving a mk2 mps around. thats bad lol

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Depends on your journeys. My tank average is around 21mpg but its all town, short journeys and lots of boost. Steady motorway run yields mid to high 30's and a super eco 60mph run yields 40+mpg.

Richoscos

Richoscos
Apr 7, 2014
Hertfordshire
2011 FL Cupra, all stock. Went to Leeds and back again yesterday - 180 odd miles up the A1 - and returned an average of 30.4 mpg for the entire journey.
Air con on for the entire journey as well!

Last edited:

hayesey

a mixture of mostly motorway & some normal a-road/b-road driving. I get high 20s to low 30s. That's a standard, yet to be remapped 2007 FR. I find it does better on superunleaded so I'm sure to always use that these days, it's no more expensive. I tend to put £40 a week in rather than a certain amount of fuel. I get about 200 miles out of that whether it's 95ron or 97ron so go for the super.

It's not a good car for fuel usage. But I guess it's not the most lightweight thing and it's a large(ish!) capacity engine with a small turbo on it just to give it a bit of an extra kick. Wont do the same efficiency as newer turbo petrols that are small but with more turbo assistance.

Last edited:

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
My long term average on my FR (had since new, now 7 years old and 90k miles) is near enough exactly 27MPG. Gets you circa 300 miles to a tank (by which I mean 51/52 litres, when the light comes on) on mixed driving.
My min/max is 240/365 over that time. Remapped or not makes no difference, nor did intake.
Biggest difference is tyres - my winters give 10% more fuel efficiency, but that may be as it's winter and I drive less hard...
Even with these poor fuel stats vs. today's models, they're very cheap cars to run.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise