Correct DV Fitment?

G12MO X

Jul 21, 2007
Can somebody please tell me the correct way to fit a forge007, there is small vaccum on top and bottom and side fitments. Does it mater which one goes to intake and which one goes to boost pipe? I have taken off and my logic says the bottom goes to boost and side goes to intake pipe, am I right?
please help!

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
apparently it matters not. works either side.

not sure what jabba are like with the owens tubs but on their ihi conversions mike only reccomends the green spring, so check if upgrading:)

G12MO X

Jul 21, 2007
apparently it matters not. works either side.

not sure what jabba are like with the owens tubs but on their ihi conversions mike only reccomends the green spring, so check if upgrading:)

I have a yellow one, will call him tomorrow:) just the more i look at it , the the more i get confused LOL

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts

HTC

Sep 2, 2004
Shouldn't matter. However you will get a different sound when dumping if running reversed. Also you need to choose the correct spring as boost pressure will be acting on the bottom of the DV piston.
I run mine in the standard orientation (Bottom in inlet pipe, side in boost pipe). This way is doesn't matter which spring you use as the only effect it will have is to change the speed of the piston.

Try it both ways and see which you prefer.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Can somebody please tell me the correct way to fit a forge007, there is small vaccum on top and bottom and side fitments. Does it mater which one goes to intake and which one goes to boost pipe? I have taken off and my logic says the bottom goes to boost and side goes to intake pipe, am I right?
please help!

:D logic agrees with you. As said above with BT boost, you may need a stronger spring. Mine runs fine with a blue one, 007 reversed.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
please help!

technically thats reversed.
boost goes in side, vents out of the base.

if you run reversed I have found them to squeak, and when on boost, you are pushing direct on the piston trying to blow it open, so you have boost pressure against boost pressure, and only spring pressure to hold shut. running it the 'right' way round the boost pressure is not pushing direct onto the piston, but around it, so better chance of it staying seated imho

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
hmmm - so I have mine reversed then, I'll try mine the other way when I get mo. AFAIK I have mine connected the same way as the OE valve so do they run it reversed as standard?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
hmmm - so I have mine reversed then, I'll try mine the other way when I get mo. AFAIK I have mine connected the same way as the OE valve so do they run it reversed as standard?

no.. you misread the post.
Forge DV "right way round" is identical to OE

Wilko

Badge snob
I've always found them to rum better twith the standard orientation, and to react quicker. You only need the standard spring if you run it that way.
Currently running a standard 710N in the correct orientation, and it holds 30lb no problem, and reacts very quickly.
I keep the forge in the boot as a get me home spare, and if the 710N fails, it has a 2 year warentee from audi.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
ive had the APR R1 on now for over a year , consistantly smooth and no danger of sticking. freshly serviced 007 sits in the shed just in case:)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.