Cost for fitting spring

josh263uk

Waiting for the sunshine!
Aug 13, 2007
Saarland Germany
After some prices on what I could expect to pay to have springs fitted. I was considering coilovers, but money is tight and with the car being new the parts will (I hope) last for a bit.

So what have people paid to have springs or coilovers fitted. and can anyone recomend anyone in somerset (or near by)?

Thanks

Josh

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
TSR will do it in Bridgwater but I don't know if I'd recommend them tbh...I think anywhere would do it....as long as you have spring compressors.

You'll need new shocks aswell as the springs. Lowering it on just springs on standard shocks will put more pressure on the shocks. Then when they get bad, the car will bounce like all the boy racers in town! :lol: It's just as cheap to buy coilovers as it is to buy springs and shocks.

You'll be alright on standard shocks for a bit though.

josh263uk

Aug 13, 2007
Saarland Germany
Thought about TSR, but not sure with the new guysin there. Took the TT to them to find out about the price for wheel alingment, I expalined that the wheel was slightly off, so he said all that was needed was to remove the stearing wheel and put it on straight.:whistle: Needless to say I got it done in Brackly at APS where the car was serviced.

The reason for going for just springs to start is that I think that I could get 2 years use from them before the shocks are worn out, then I could buy some coilovers:)

Any one else you would use in Bridgwater or Taunton.

Guffers

Resident Engineer
Apr 18, 2007
I got Spax springs for £100 off Ebay, and fitted them myself ona weekend.
Wasnt that bad tbh, and then fixed the tracking with a plumb bob and spirit level!

josh263uk

Aug 13, 2007
Saarland Germany
Thanks people.

Forgot about performance driven. Price of the springs are comparable to the internet too. Have sent an email. will wait and see.

josh263uk

Aug 13, 2007
Saarland Germany
I got Spax springs for £100 off Ebay, and fitted them myself ona weekend.
Wasnt that bad tbh, and then fixed the tracking with a plumb bob and spirit level!

How does the 30mm sit, I find at the moment the rear is very high. Found FK springs which lower 35 front and 40 on the rear. should level it out well........ i hope :blink:

Its ok found your thread further down the page, looks good with the VRS wheels.

Last edited: