Couple of problems im experiencing with the new Ibiza...

meknoy

Picked up a brand new, 56 plate DAB Seat Ibiza the other day. Been playing about in it, and have a couple of little things that I dont like.

1 of them being the I-Pod connection. I dont have an I-Pod, so that lead it totally useless to me. I know that the Blaupunkt can have a CD Changer added to it. So I was wondering, Could I just get/make a wire that come out of the CD Changer ISO plug at the back, and into the stero/headphones socket on my Creative MP3 player?? Because I dont fancy buying an I-Pod, but I only ever use my MP3 player in the car. So would like to use that through speakers.

2nd thing. When listening to a CD. It comes up with track, time blah blah. But then after about 5 seconds it does a complete rota of information about the stereo, what it has etc etc. Is there a way of taking this off so the track and track time, details are just shown all the time??? Think its the same when in DAB or Radio mode. I just want the information of what im listening to up! haha.

And another thing. Is the rear speakers. I dont know if they are just dud. Or they need wiring in and need activating. But the they dont work. atall. I tried seing if it was the fader. Its on 0. When I put it on -9 I still get nothing at the back. Quite annoying. Seing if anybody else has had this experience before I go back to the garage.

Many thanks for your help. :whistle:

~ Dan ~ Meknoy ~

If you have a creative mp3 player you could ditch it and get a far superior iPod or get the Blaupunkt adapter that has a mini jack connection! It is just a case of taking the head unit out and removing one plug and pushing cable through!

Have you tried pressing the display button? I think that would do the trick!

If it there is no sound coming from the rear speakers even when it is faded to the rear i think it should be a case of a trip back to the dealer!

Any other problems or questions give me a shout as i have this head unit in my car as well!

meknoy

Thanks for the reply mhill!

Pressed the display button, but it seems to still go back to the scrolling messages.

May ask the dealer when I go back there next week! Havent had time to call them about the problems with the rear speakers yet but Tuesday I will be able to. Starting to really anoy me now! Get them to give me some free mats!! grrr.

I like the creative, and not too fond on the I-Pods. So I think getting the jack lead may be a better idea. Do you know of any good places to get them from? tried searching but didnt find anything that great!

Wev

Nov 22, 2002
Derbyshire
Visit site
Just had a Call from My Dealer to say "We have some rear speakers for you"
Looks like the DABS ( A couple according to the Dealer if you belive that) have been deliverd without the rear speakers, hadn't noticed myself.
I think there has been an oversight with the DAB's .
Oh well booked in for next week.:rolleyes:

91rocco

Apparently according to my wife who happens to work for willoughbys at chilwell Dab's dont come with rear speakers for some odd reason unlike the rest of the range,Must be another penny saving scheme from our friends at seat!:shrug:

Wev

Nov 22, 2002
Derbyshire
Visit site
Apparently according to my wife who happens to work for willoughbys at chilwell Dab's dont come with rear speakers for some odd reason unlike the rest of the range,Must be another penny saving scheme from our friends at seat!:shrug:

Weird since the DAB was advertised as having a six speaker system. I think an "Oversight" has been made hance the backtracking and retrofitting of Speakers to mine.

kicken18

Oct 6, 2006
Far superior ipod...are you crazy? With headunits, I used a cassette adapture for ages, some headunits have aux-in on the front, others you can wire in from the bback then bring the lead though somewhere to the front of the car. Each method words the same...ditching the creative for an ipod however is a big no no

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
i have a kenwood headunit in mine (sounds much better) and i have my 3.5 jack comeing out of the top of the passenger footwell then behind the ashtray wich never gets used accept the cig lighter for tom tom :) , if i was u id get some Decent speakers in the back then upgrade the fronts at some point and get them to fit them lol (as they offered)

scottyjed

After reading this thread, I went and tried the speakers in my Ibiza DAB and the speakers in the rear don't work. Not a peep coming out of them.:wtf: I think I'll be
phoning my dealer tomorrow to see what is up.

Ibiza02

Oct 7, 2006
North East
i know the reason for the DAB ibizas not having rear speakers...

i work at halfords and sell the blankpunkt cd players and they are only a 4 speaker compatible system! thats why some either dont have speakers or they dpont work. i was speaking to a man who sold these ibizas and he didnt even know that they only had a 4 speaker compatiblility whereas the ibiza are nomrally 6

hope that helps:)

chris

i work at halfords and sell the blankpunkt cd players and they are only a 4 speaker compatible system! thats why some either dont have speakers or they dpont work. i was speaking to a man who sold these ibizas and he didnt even know that they only had a 4 speaker compatiblility whereas the ibiza are nomrally 6

chris

Sorry chap but although i don't have a DAB model my car does have 6 speakers and the Blaupunkt Woodstock 54 head unit ALL 6 speakers work effectively!

kicken18

Oct 6, 2006
ipods...stable? No way, There are mp3 players out there that are FAR cheaper and far more stable. The battarys on them are terrible and notorious for it. There are many things wrong with them, but all in all, its the shear fact your paying too much for an mp3 player, that others do better, cheaper

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire

chris

It's been a while since I dabbled with ICE but surely the Ibiza's 6 speaker system consists of 2 in the front door, 2 tweeters in the mirror housing bit and 2 speakers in the rear. Surely then the front output would be connected to the speakers in the front door which would then be connected to the tweeters by a crossover hence the front output running all 4 speakers in the front. The rear output would then be used to run the speakers in the rear.

My point being that the tweeters in the front are run from the front speakers, not from another output on the Headunit.

As I say though, It has been a while since I messed about with ICE.

Cheers.

Last edited:

loonymoon

Just to dig this thread up again to ask a stupid question.

I have a 54 reg Ibiza 1.4SX with standard Alana Cd player. I'm sure my car has eight speakers... four in front and four in back (4x bass and 4x tweeters). I'm hoping to replace the annoying head unit with a decent system which will play MP3 cds. Any recommendations for a decent head unit in the "not too expensive " bracket?

Also do I have to look out for systems that support 8 speakers or are the tweeter and bass speakers wired itogether to one connector (as suggested in BJMs post) meaning that I only have to look for 4 speaker support...??

Last edited:

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
loony the tweeters run from the so called bass speakers and it has a standard ISO plug on the back of the alana headunit so you can go out and get any CD/MP3/HDD you would like evern a 2 din kenwood to a dvd player with a screen if u wanted..... the world is your oyster :)

INSIDER

DYSLEXICS UNTIE!
Oct 17, 2006
Weird since the DAB was advertised as having a six speaker system. I think an "Oversight" has been made hance the backtracking and retrofitting of Speakers to mine.

The Dab was never Advertised as having six speakers people assumed it would have but because it is based on the sport. if you take the rear panel off there is no speaker there its not a case of a few werent fitted with rear speakers none of them were.

Wev

Nov 22, 2002
Derbyshire
Visit site
The Dab was never Advertised as having six speakers people assumed it would have but because it is based on the sport. if you take the rear panel off there is no speaker there its not a case of a few werent fitted with rear speakers none of them were.

Which is fine, though still dosn't explain why my Dealer phoned me up out the blue and is fitting rear speakers to my DAB this week(I didn't complain heck i didn't even notice).
Looks like there has been lots of confusion, oh well if i'm getting free rear speakers out of it who am I to complain.

INSIDER

DYSLEXICS UNTIE!
Oct 17, 2006
you are one of the lucky ones as a rule SEAT will not replace any rear speakers on a DAB, when the new one is launched in january it will have six speakers they have obviously learnt from their mistake.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise