crash damage

Mckellar

car was on stand today at fast and modified.
car looked amazing all day, gleeming so it was !

coming home, dozy woman slams on the brakes infront of me when it hits an amber and i swerve to miss her, my n/s wing hits her rear bumper.

now, i can see im lucky, all i need is a new n/s wing and a front indicator/headlamp.
i need to know, is the wing bolt on or welded on..and how much am i looking at etc..

rough prices ofcourse.
absolutely gutted tbh, im usually a careful driver wen on the roads:help:

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
should be bolt on, the hex head screws are under the bonnet lines just inside the engine bay iirc.

Last edited:

Mckellar

cordobabrendy said:
sahould be bolt on, the bolts are under the bonnet lines just inside the engine bay iirc.

ur right mate, i guessed it'd be bolt on when i saw them.
ebay price was £65 delivered for a new front wing, so im hoping i can go to a wholesale garage near my dads work, not need to pay p+p etc..

i'll report back. ta

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
david_mckellar said:
ur right mate, i guessed it'd be bolt on when i saw them.
ebay price was £65 delivered for a new front wing, so im hoping i can go to a wholesale garage near my dads work, not need to pay p+p etc..

i'll report back. ta

try local motor factors to see who does panels locally

should pick up a pattern one for about £40 tops

david_mckellar said:
car was on stand today at fast and modified.
car looked amazing all day, gleeming so it was !

coming home, dozy woman slams on the brakes infront of me when it hits an amber and i swerve to miss her, my n/s wing hits her rear bumper.

now, i can see im lucky, all i need is a new n/s wing and a front indicator/headlamp.
i need to know, is the wing bolt on or welded on..and how much am i looking at etc..

rough prices ofcourse.
absolutely gutted tbh, im usually a careful driver wen on the roads:help:

Hi mate, I seen your car on the stand, looked awsome, as you said very shiney :D

Sorry hear about your accident.....

Noticed you have a spoiler on the car....standard one......want a gti 16v one?

I've got a front splitter same as yours and the rear spoiler i need outta my room.....

Both really brand new.....can have them for nowt if you want?

Mckellar

lol, thanks anyway mate.
thanks for the comment, its still gleaming, minus one n/s front wing :cry:

just trying to find a panel place at the moment, with it being bank holiday monday it wasnt so easy.

try again tomorrow and see what kind of prices im looking at, i know for def i can get a wing for £45,so anything less is a brucey bonus

when i get my car fixed mate, i would love the spoiler and splitter. also thanks for the comment lol.
:)

david_mckellar said:
when i get my car fixed mate, i would love the spoiler and splitter. also thanks for the comment lol.
:)

No probs :)

Try giving these guys a shout if you are still looking for a wing....

A mate of mine hit a deer last week in his astra and they had a bonnet, head lights and radiator etc in stock, as far as he made out they were pretty light on the wallet....

http://www.ibpglasgow.co.uk/index.htm

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.