Croft

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
First of all I am sure we are all elated with the result of Race 2. I couldn't care who won but I felt the honourable thing to do was done and the real winner won. I felt overall though the Leon struggled to keep up with the BMW's of Team RAC. From my view one RAC beemer got of to a great start, launching past one Leon.

But it is something much more important that I need to chat about....seeing you guys!!!:lol:

I noticed the flag straight away. The tallest thing at Croft may I add. You were by the back of the toilets on the banking that overlooks up the start/finish straight quite low down. I felt for you whenever a car ditched itself in the gravel and you were suddenly gone in a cloud of dirt! One shouldn't laugh but...:D

For race 3 I had relocated to just past the icecream trailer that was further up so I got a better view of you guys. As the drivers past after the race had finished did anyone notice a fan in a SEAT tee and baseball cap that was smallish in stature with a goatee who doffed his SEAT baseball cap to you? He was carrying to long black things and a grey bag - a bag from the merchandise stand behind? That was me.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Great result in race 2, thoroughly deserved win for Darren. Good to see him getting the results now, it will do his confidence the world of good. Hope he goes well at LeMans too. ;)

I think even SEAT thought they would be stronger at Croft. But just goes to show in this championship that you can't second guess the opposition.

Team RAC seem to be getting to grips with the BMW setup now, a circuit i personally expected the BMW to be strong at. Croft has a good mix of high speed straights and some fast bends. It was obvious the Leon was struggling for top end pace, especially when it was carrying the extra ballast.

It might of been a different result this weekend, but i think VX had a little bit of bad luck weekend so that fell in SEAT's favour, and allowed us to catch up in the title race, and just keeps Plato out on top. Still a long way to go though, and Giovanardi is catching.

I saw the SCN motley crue on television, can't mistake the flagpole :) I think they camped over last night so they will probably turn up later today to tell their stories.

Looking forward to Oulton Park now, will be there both days, should be another race weekend too close to call.

Last edited:

Chez

Dec 29, 2002
Edinburgh
Visit site
Croft was great!.

i was standing at the fence with my gf, (both in yellow seat tees) infront of the seat guys at the end of the main straight.

This was a good bit for action, and of course getting covered in gravel and dust!!.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Did you notice me at any time from my description? I made a note of getting myself recognised by doing something you would recognise.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Mr Plato doesn't sound very happy with his teammate after race three. Listened to the audio interview there on btcc.net and he's very peed off that DT took the chance to pass him when he ran wide, which meant several other cars got past or caught up with him. Says he won't help DT anymore. He's taking it a bit too far is he not? The way I saw it on TV, if Turner backed off to let JP regain his line, then he'd have had those several cars right up the back of him on the run into the complex, resulting in another incident like that in race two.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
OTT attitude to have really. Plato has a short memory sometimes, i remember him driving into the side of his team-mate at Rockingham on the start line to gain places. It could of quite easily of ended his team-mates race there, as it happens Darren did encounter steering problems during that race because of the lunge.

He takes no prisoners then why should Darren.

Anyway i would presume its a heat of the moment statement, after what must of been a disapointing race weekend for Plato. I think SEAT expected to go a lot better than they did at Croft. Almost half way into the season now, the pressure is probably starting to build up, JP want's this title badly.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Mr Plato doesn't sound very happy with his teammate after race three. Listened to the audio interview there on btcc.net and he's very peed off that DT took the chance to pass him when he ran wide, which meant several other cars got past or caught up with him. Says he won't help DT anymore. He's taking it a bit too far is he not? The way I saw it on TV, if Turner backed off to let JP regain his line, then he'd have had those several cars right up the back of him on the run into the complex, resulting in another incident like that in race two.

it seems to me that its DT doing all the helping this season,and last.how many times has DT held the field up for JP to extend or keep a lead that would otherwise have someone breathing down his exhaust.

belgarion

Cupra07
Mar 13, 2007
Waltham Abbey
I was at that end of the track and did see this move. Sorry Jason, you should keep to your line if you don't want to lose your place. Turner isn't going to slow down is he? Anyway, thats not why the rest got past him, coz he was still in front of them all for the complex, he was just slower than everyone else and made a mistake.. Don't like him anyway!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Going back to the positives, the 2nd race was a great result and im glad Darren took the win. His team deserve the good fortune too, they have had a tough few rounds so far and had a lot of panel beating to do, to get his car back out on track. (no fault of DT i might add)

Hope this weekends results have give them all a much needed boost.

Roll on Oulton Park, can't wait. :)

captain chaos

Apr 28, 2004
livingston
btcc croft

yeah:happy: finally made it to croft and had a great day out meeting some of the peeps:clap:, we set up camp just along from the seat gazebo just past the ice cream van (they must have made a mint) but just right to miss the dust clouds!:lol:
great that darren won a race but hope JAZ doesn't regret the missed points at the end of the championship it's been very close the last few years.
did you all stay to the end ,as the clios caused havoc yet again:lol: as did the cupras :clap:what a great position for viewing the action roll on donny my next trip away.:funk:

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Did you notice me at any time from my description? I made a note of getting myself recognised by doing something you would recognise.

Just got back sooooo tired.......

Yes mate i did see you tip your cap, you should of come over and said hi. :)

strensall

May 14, 2005
YORK
What a great weekend croft was.I can fully recommend camping great fun,great company,great food and lots and lots of beer,g+t's and some dodgy looking bourbon .I had a bit of a sore head first thing but by the time phil had made breakfast I was fine,dont know about the rest they just seem to have slept most of the day.I wil post a couple of pics when I figure out how to do it.thanks everybody for a fantastic weekend roll on Oulton park

nibbles

And Impreza
What a great weekend croft was.I can fully recommend camping great fun,great company,great food and lots and lots of beer,g+t's and some dodgy looking bourbon .I had a bit of a sore head first thing but by the time phil had made breakfast I was fine,dont know about the rest they just seem to have slept most of the day.I wil post a couple of pics when I figure out how to do it.thanks everybody for a fantastic weekend roll on Oulton park

you can say that again you was mighty :drunk:

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Excellent weekend guys, great to see some new faces and hope to see you again next year ( before as well)

Well after you lot left, we all felt very tired and it was even suggested of having an early night. Well that soon was a distance thought, as we ordered a chinese takeaway, hammered the last of the white and red wine, and then three bottles of good guality port with fine cheese. Well we were steaming, and not a sign of a pig face dog murderer in sight ( the only complaint we got was from this bird who kept her dogs in a tent all day, how dare she ask us to quieten down cause she had a migraine. I dont think she took to kindly to us all singing, "phone the RSPCA "

We also had a visit from the gap toothed traveller, who's job it was , was to come over Saturday night, to tell us to quieten down, who ended up joining in with us getting drunk :doh: And apparently he got a right royal roasting for doing it. His reward, we gave him the bottle of vintage bourbon, which he happily took away.

Anyway, we spoke to the powers that be, and we are welcome back next year, however they have suggested that we park on the other side of the field away from EVERYONE.

Roll on Oulton Park...:happy:

strensall

May 14, 2005
YORK
Phil dont forget her very angry boyfriend who would'nt come out of his tent.
croft5.jpg

croft3.jpg

croft2.jpg

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.