Croft

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire

That still cuts deep ! my moment of glory, standing side by side with JP, then all of a sudden, this Jo, comes in from my blind side, pushes me out the way , digs me in the ribs and says cheese for the camera. Whilst, I am left standing on tippy toe, wondering what the hell has just happened. Even JP said, What a cheek !

coatsie

Old Geezer Buzzin' around
May 11, 2003
Co Durham
www.coatsie.smugmug.com
Great to see you all again and meet and talk to some newbies - got some photos to put up - will try and do this tonight or tomorrow morning. sorry missed Sunday night, Laura still ill (not from alcohol either, which is rare for her!!!!! - she'll kill me when she reads that). Trying to book up for donny and you never know we might be in a tent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
That still cuts deep ! my moment of glory, standing side by side with JP, then all of a sudden, this Jo, comes in from my blind side, pushes me out the way , digs me in the ribs and says cheese for the camera. Whilst, I am left standing on tippy toe, wondering what the hell has just happened. Even JP said, What a cheek !

Wouldn't say its exactly side by side, more like head to JP's shoulder. ;)

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Great pics that everyone who has sent one or more in. Especially yours Lee. That must have been the best moment of the day for you.

I nearly got in with the team last year, y'know. It was before I found you guys and I was a regular contributor on anothe messageboard. I still have to this day a crippling shyness around the teams and drivers. I still have yet to say something to a driver. They appear to me larger than life itself to which you need to treat more specially and respectfully. In fact I have a general shyness whenever I want to talk to new people. I have no idea, and fewer confidence, as to how to break the proverbial ice.

So, Scott Dennis who was a member emailed me and invited me into the hospitality tent at an agreed time. When the time came I explained Scott had invited me to the girls on the door but as I wasn't on the invitation I couldn't come in. Drat.

On the race itself, maybe it was best DT won. Jase is points ahead of Giovanardi so all a win would have won was extend his lead - something he can do at Oulton. I think it was more important DT won to get him up past drivers like Mat Squeal. But either way as for the Teams and Manufacturers title race the 1-2 was perfect. The team needs to make serious ground as they trail VXR in everything.

Great days racing though on the whole. The best meeting I have had.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Don't forget its Tin Top Tuesday tonight at 8pm.

Listen in on Sky Digital channel 0157 or stream it online at 0157.org

Hosted by BTCC paddock/pit commentator Alan Hyde and Motorsport News deputy editor Matt James.

Expect a great deal of randomness, and some talk about the BTCC every now and again. Usually some live interviews with some of the drivers in the championship, including Plato and Turner.

Plus your emails and texts.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
I nearly got in with the team last year, y'know. It was before I found you guys and I was a regular contributor on anothe messageboard. I still have to this day a crippling shyness around the teams and drivers. I still have yet to say something to a driver. They appear to me larger than life itself to which you need to treat more specially and respectfully. In fact I have a general shyness whenever I want to talk to new people. I have no idea, and fewer confidence, as to how to break the proverbial ice.
it must the name JASON.i too am very very shy :redface:

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
it must the name JASON.i too am very very shy :redface:

Perhaps I should change my name to DarrenP06 and yours to WeeDarren?:idea:

I was going to suggest than WeeMatt and MattP06. That is quite frankly :censored:!!

In all seriousness though how would you overcome such a thing as shyness do you rekon? Not exactly the easiest personal problem to solve methinks.:think:

captain chaos

Apr 28, 2004
livingston
met and chatted to a few drivers at croft b4 pit lane opened catch them early doors when they have more time to themselves.
:redface:you gotta get over the big star fame mentality[B)] the drivers are just peeps like u and me .
but be warned catch them on a bad day:headhurt:[B) and they are NOT intrested in there fan base.
there are one or two primadonnas who think they are hollywood but on the whole i've found them mostly all approachable
had a great chat with james thompson last year at mondello always thought he was a bit of a hollywood guy but stood and chatted for a good 15mins then he apoligized because he had to go and do race stuff, but he still found time to get his picture taken with 2young kids and do autographs top guy.:clap:
so just get out there and talk .

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Yep i agree,

People all too often miss out cause of shyness etc.

Wouldnt it be good if all the seatcupra people grouped together and watched the race on mass, it would make for a good atmosphere and a good show for Seat. So next time, rather than just looking over, come over, take a seat and enjoy the fun. :funk:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I agree, most are fairly approachable people. Just pick your moment, obviously they have a job to do, right before a race or right after probably isn't best time.

So much goes on behind the scenes on a race day, they have driver briefings to attend, and sponsor commitments too. Then they have to race three sprint races for good measure. :D

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yep i agree,

People all too often miss out cause of shyness etc.

Wouldnt it be good if all the seatcupra people grouped together and watched the race on mass, it would make for a good atmosphere and a good show for Seat. So next time, rather than just looking over, come over, take a seat and enjoy the fun. :funk:

It would be nice, but sometimes I like to roam about a little too, as do others.

But I agree, don't be shy please come and say hi to fellow SCN members. But if you come upto me to say hello, please don't say for example... Hi my name is Joe Bloggs then stare at me blankly while i try to figure out, who you actually are out of the thousands of members.

You tend to use a nickname in here, i'll probably recognise you from that, but do tell me your name too. ;)

Where are we positioning ourselves at Oulton Park then. Hopefully we'll get a similar parking area like last year, down at Cascades. ;)

LordStorm

Did someone say APR?
Feb 27, 2005
MaDchester
Last year was brilliant.
I think the day started rather well when the marshalls moved the Scoobies further up the hill away from us.

Everyone is shy at some point (looking at Phil) ok maybe not everyone, but it's about finding a common ground and talking about it. If your ever stuck for conversation you can always rely on these to help out:

1. Talk about the site (SCN.Net) i.e. Posts
2. Car modifications (Phil likes to show people what hes done, so boost his ego at the same time)
3. The BTCC - Plato, the last race, Turner, team tactics (Paul aka Muzerawawawawa is the one here for this - he drives the Omni Cupra)
4. Camping & Marts chilli
5. Phils flag pole - always a good topic of conversation

And if all else fails - Vicky Butler Henderson and Top Gear

Other than that just walk over and stand next to Phil, if you don't say anything I can guarentee he will and then for the next 2 hours.

I can't wait for Oulton Park, bringing the sun cream and the umbrella.

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
Oulton is a good day, even when jase drinks all your jack daniels and your mate tries to set fire to your leg!

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
If your ever stuck for conversation you can always rely on these to help out:

1. Talk about the site (SCN.Net) i.e. Posts
2. Car modifications (Phil likes to show people what hes done, so boost his ego at the same time)
3. The BTCC - Plato, the last race, Turner, team tactics (Paul aka Muzerawawawawa is the one here for this - he drives the Omni Cupra)
4. Camping & Marts chilli
5. Phils flag pole - always a good topic of conversation

And if all else fails - Vicky Butler Henderson and Top Gear

Other than that just walk over and stand next to Phil, if you don't say anything I can guarentee he will and then for the next 2 hours.

That is the problem with lads and lasses who are shy I rekons. They cannot find a talking point. I sooooo wanted to find someting to say to Jase last year but my mouth refused to budge and inch. It was seriously suggested (by my old dad) to just say "good luck". Good luck?!!:lol: Surely their is more interesting things to say.

But I have about a year to think of something realy interesting so I guarantee I will be braver in 2008. As far as your setup is concerned ever thought about relocating to where I was? On top of the other banking on the exit of Hawthorn? Trust me it is a million times better. It it much much much much higher and just above parc ferme you can see on a clear day the aproach to Sunny In. You don't see up to Tower because of the angle but it makes up for it in other ways.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise