Cruise Control problems

kwakersbhoy

Hey guys, I have my 05 leon 150 for 3 months now and love it. I have had my fair share of problems with it but it still hasnt put me off. However my cruise control doesnt work and I dont even know if it is fitted, I have a stalk but it does nothing. Any suggestions.

:confused:

downrodeo

Apr 12, 2009
West London
Could be that your brake or cluctch sensor has failed which would stop the cruise from working. Your brake lights come and go ok? I'm assuming if someone has gone to the effort of installing the stalk, they would have completed the simple task of activating it in the ecu. Easiest way to check sensors is plug in vagcom.

kwakersbhoy

Last owner only had the car 4 months and didnt know anything :( The brake lights come and go fine, If the brake sensor or anything diagnostic wise has failed wouldnt the engine management light show up, would it not cost cash just to plug in a vagcom :confused:

ajmally100

Oct 11, 2009
Edinburgh
Vagcom is the way forward. I recently installed mine and here is some info that I found to check if it is actually working: (from: carbasics.co.uk/vw_golf_mk4_cruise_control.htm)

I am in edinburgh so if you are close by, you could use my vagcom.

There are two methods using VAG-COM to verify if your ECU has been successfully activated for cruise control. Firstly, when you open the engine module the engine description will include a letter G if cruise is active, eg 1.8L 5V 110KW TLG V005. Secondly, the outputs from block 6 of the engine module will show a 0 in the RH column if cruise is active, but 255 if it is still disabled. If you need to deactivate cruise you can repeat the login procedure above but enter the code 16167.

With cruise control enabled and all wiring completed, it is possible to view the outputs from the cruise switch with VAG-COM by viewing block 66 of the engine module. This may be useful for diagnosis of a wiring fault once installed.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.