Cubic Telecom connection

Jul 6, 2021
Hi All

Newby here so apologies if this has already been discussed.

I am from the UK, been driving the brand new Seat Leon FR Sport now for about 2 months. Recently, the past week or so, my iPhone stopped connecting to the car, no data, will not stream from spotify, the phone just refuses to connect. I then see a pop-up on my phone asking me to register for 'Cubic Telecom' I enter all the details and it basically asks me to pay £98 for 12 months???

This has to be a mistake... 2 months old, I thought I read you get 2 years or something free?

Previous vehicle was an Audi and they gave drivers 3 years data, is this not the case - have contacted the customer services but just thought it may be quicker on here.

Thanks

adrian001

Apr 19, 2016
You should get a years free. I am not sure what the Cubic element does it may just be data only. I think that it is all included in seat connect you can buy after the first year via the store for £120

Jul 6, 2021
Thanks Adrian, then do you know why whenever I wirelessly connect my iPhone it just refers me to the Cubic element and the phone fails to connect to the car. Also it says 'low data' or words to that effect?

Tell

Staff member
Because it's using data from the eSim in the unit or thinks it is. Question for your dealer. Feels like the connected services were enabled 10 months ago on in the dealers showroom or forecourt or some data use criteria has raised it's head or someone typed a date in, incorrectly. It is a 12 month free period as Adrian said..... then the fun begins.

I'm interested to know what you do loose if you dont subscribe that will become evident soon.

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Cubic telecom is separate from seat connect, you don't need it for connect services, But you need it for internet radio, updates, WiFi hotspot( in-car WiFi)

If you want to use those features but don't want to pay cubic telecom, you can connect the car to a WiFi hotspot created by your phone(or home WiFi if in the drive), using your phone's data plan

Seat connect is another subscription

From my understanding you get a free year of seat connect, but cubic telecom is extra from day 1, unless it's something your dealer included

You can't change from cubic telecom, in the UK they use EEs network

Reactions: Tell

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
In my experience of having it connected to home WiFi.

I've also had updates come up without a data plan and not being connected to WiFi, so they might also come as part of the seat connect data subscription.

Reactions: nwithyman and Tell

Tell

Staff member
You only get free firmware updates from Seat if they ordain there was a fault on what you have. That's why you have to follow updates being rolled out by dealers to make sure you dont miss out.

I'm sure the user community with Leon4s and Formentor's need a table which shows model, year, firmware release plus explanation as to what it fixes or adds. They have a few software issues in the systems which come up. AA fixes etc promised for the infotainment system, SOS issue, left right hand driver switching, under taking prevention on over taking etc etc. Whoever starts the thread off needs to keep it up to date as well by editing the original post and may be a resource as well.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.