Cupra 300 General Discussion and Pics

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Some random spec choices at Geneva. Not really a help on the side rear spoiler issue.

Orange colour 300 with black brake callipers and side rear soilers but standard cupra wheels and silver cupra lettering.

The blue ST4D was at least fitted with performance pack.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Orange looks good, but come on lets have a yellow too. :)

Anyone have an idea when the Performance Pack will be available to order (or more specifically the alloys). Really not keen on the standard wheels - may grow on me I guess, but a lot of pennies so want to get my ideal spec of course :)

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
I understand some of you guys already own a 290 or a 280, but let's face it. The new front bumper looks better, more aggressive. Really looking forward to see one in the flesh. So torn between a Focus RS and a Cupra 300 right now.

The front bumper on the new shape is awful in my opinion it's a let down would on just been better putting a splitter and the side skirts as standard. And that camera square in the front grill ugghhh.

Don't get an RS the new one is nothing compared to the old one, such a lack of power and excitement my test drive 2 weeks ago was majorly underwhelming, I took the salesman out in my 290(382) and he could see where I was coming from. Might be because my mk2 was stage 4.5 430bhp but still not worth the 37k for top spec.

I'd consider the cupra 280/290 second hand and stage 2 it, why would any one want an electronic handbrake or keyless entry Other than that unless seat introduce a complete AWD my next car will be a Mercedes AMG A200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
According to a poster on the Spanish forum. His response to the delay in getting a build week for his LC300 with performance pack was:

"We have been informed that, for technical reasons, there is a delay in the start of production of the Lions that pass through SEAT Sport, depending on the color of the car:

Colour Week scheduled start production
0E0E S.14
0C0C S.14
P5P5 S.14
7Y7Y S.16
B4B4 S.16
2Y2Y S.17
E1E1 S.17"

As we didn't get the option in the UK yet and assuming above is accurate expect the PP to open to orders soon.

Last edited:

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Cheers diesel face,

Am away for a few days will have a chat to dealer when I get back.

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
This just flashed up on Facebook.. Fresh lot taken this morning.

EEE285D2-4DF2-4DB9-824E-5A162A5A2B5B_zpskfxndnri.jpg

Note the Mystery Blue 300's, the rear window fins are visible...

Wonder if they're something earlier builds have just missed out on?

Last edited:

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Fair enough, but the 300 has only done 212km! Not exactly run in!

Because the engines aren't ran in at manufacturing you don't believe this old myth on modern cars. Mk2 RS stage 4.5 in 3 months of factory order covered 85k miles in 5 years never had a issue. My cupra 290 stage 1 a month of owning no problems covered 10k in 10 months. My Revo dealer mk3 RS 50 miles on clock stage 3 he drove it straight to his garage. Don't be so naive on German built modern engines. If you've slowly baked the turbo up and warmed the engine, the things ready for a whopping.

Use an abuse a cup racing hatchback, it's not a rover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
Any idea which dealer that's heading for?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The tag was Southampton, whether or not it's just been taken at random of the wagon parked up or actually at the dealer, I don't know.

I think they come into the country in Newcastle so I'd guess they're heading somewhere close.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
The tag was Southampton, whether or not it's just been taken at random of the wagon parked up or actually at the dealer, I don't know.

I think they come into the country in Newcastle so I'd guess they're heading somewhere close.
Ok ta. The ship I'm interested in docked in Newcastle on Monday.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.