Cupra at TSR

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
problem is, getting all the 'systems' to talk to each other and work like factory; anyone can drop an engine in from a height, making it run is the issue with modern stuff. I hate computers in cars.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
Don't think you need the dsg6 as that and the required ecu would bea few grand id imagine. You could supply an engine for alirpt less than they would sell you one for as well

What's your upgrade cost hitting at the moment. You staying revo?

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
Are you winning yet? Im keen to see what parts you upgrade, as i might do the same and get my engine 'built' then after look into turbo upgrades

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
Haven't seen the Cupra since 26 May when I drove to TSR and left it with them for a 6 hour train ride home. Problem is the pistons which are not available off the shelf, apart from the CP ones used in the Greek cars, and TSR don't rate them as they had one fail in a Renault. Wossner have designed some forged pistons for my car using the only good one left as a pattern, and they are due to be delivered from Germany in a week or two hopefully. TSR should then be able to quote you for fitting just the pistons and rods - my car is also having other work done. Should be unbreakable after all that.(Ha, ha). Only one way to tell.:(

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
Just found out I won class B at Springfest 2011 Santa Pod, and it was only running on 1 good piston! Still waiting for forged pistons to arrive from Germany - 4 months so far :(

yea_good_1

LOVIN THE BOC
Sep 24, 2010
And your car was still epic fast lol gutted for you having to wait that long tho takes the piss

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
its a bit early to say when it will be ready, depends if everything goes smoothly, pistons and rods are new to the engine, new injectors/plugs, head rebuild plus forge hoses to fit, new forge b/o valve and oil catch tank to find space for, remap and test on rollers. sell kidney, pay bill, pick up car.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
Whats happening with the remap? You staying revo or going elsewhere. With your uprated engine it seems a waste to get a generic type map.

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
this is from REVO, "it's not just the cold start that the factory map has messed up, they do suffer from overfuelling issues elsewhere depending on the temp/loading conditions. the new factory software hasn't resolved these issues either, and there is also a question over the plugs and the injectors spraying directly onto them. the new version of Revo software rectifies the issues that it can, final testing on the new updates is being done at the moment" (email 22 sept). I hope the car will be ready, and running this map at the end of next week, depends on if it runs OK on the rolling road etc.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Software is ready mate as per release from REVO in there thread:

"The latest factory update code release is being sent out to Revo dealers this afternoon via email. This covers the Cupra/Boc/FR. As the factory still haven't fixed their issues, we've spent a lot of time on the 'misfire' problem. Along with the Revo software upgrade we are recommending a sparkplug upgrade that your dealer will advise you on."

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Not really been on here for a while, wedding to plan and busy at work. Loving my beast, need to pop to Seat as she starts rough, need the new update. But I was always interested in Paul's vision to give his Cupra what these cars deserve. Yes, a few have had issues, but I am so impressed with mine and Paul was, in my view, one of those 'guys' who had a vision for his car, a great vision. Right enough soft crap, just caught up and think it's a shame your engine threw a white flag, but for you to push and try and get the power with reliability is brilliant. These car's are quick and light with the looks. But to push hard and get what promises to be a strong beast would be amazing, reading how this thread has gone, I want the happy ending post to come, where all is great and the car reaches it and Paul's potential. Come on Paul we all want that post to come and make us give a wry smile.

Go for it mate.

ED

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.