CUPRA Ateca best finance deals PCP & PCH offers thread

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I've been looking at an Ateca and done some numbers with the dealer. We managed to get it to £356 with a £1.5k upfront payment and Seat/Cupra are giving an £1.5k incentive to the dealer to pass on.

There is a big but though.... 4 year lease. I need to do some more man maths first.
79ce2ddf0383278f20e111d1647706a7.jpg

Sorry for lack of pic quality due to using free Tapatalk!

I also looked into 1+47 contact and it came back as as 399.85 p/m

It's a standard Cupra with no options and a lead time of 2 months as there is some at port if you're not fussy about colour etc.

P11d value is quoted at 37,690. It's a superb car but hell of a lot money there!

Hope this is of some help.

Last edited:

Bucksssss

Mar 13, 2019
I've been looking at an Ateca and done some numbers with the dealer. We managed to get it to £356 with a £1.5k upfront payment and Seat/Cupra are giving an £1.5k incentive to the dealer to pass on.

There is a big but though.... 4 year lease. I need to do some more man maths first.

It's a standard Cupra with no options and a lead time of 2 months as there is some at port if you're not fussy about colour etc.

P11d value is quoted at 37,690. It's a superb car but hell of a lot money there!

Any idea if the standard Cupra Ateca’s come with ACC? I heard they don’t.

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow

I am hoping to chat to local dealer now that festive break is over but covid lockdown looks like delaying a test drive!!
Not had any direct quotes yet but have seen some lease prices online. 9 months up front at £324 pm on 24 month 10kmiles but that is just looking online and not confirmed. I would need to check that was actual deal on colour and spec that suited and able to deliver to Central Scotland.
Thought it strange that some lease deals were cheaper on short term.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Nope, no ACC as standard. unfortunately I think you need to spec Sound/Comfort pack for that. Otherwise the car is full spec on the facelift.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
SEAT Lookers Stockport had an offer (which i took) at 3 upfront, no fee's on 23 x £388 and 8k miles.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
More or less what I pay on PCP for a C&S

you got a good deal if only £1164 upfront and over 2 years.

current climate made offers hard to come by when my Leon Cupra goes back April - when looking before settling on the Leon previously, roughly 360 was cheapest I could find in 2018 for the ateca cupra, so not too phased by £388

Last edited:

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
More or less what I pay on PCP for a C&S
I have been trying to work out if there is any difference in the different upfront and lease terms.
The offer of one month up front and £440 for 36 months at 10k does not seem to far out as I first thought.
If I spread the 3 month up front over 24 months the actual cost is £436 pm. Does that make sense?

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
I have been trying to work out if there is any difference in the different upfront and lease terms.
The offer of one month up front and £440 for 36 months at 10k does not seem to far out as I first thought.
If I spread the 3 month up front over 24 months the actual cost is £436 pm. Does that make sense?

Yes I usually chuck it into a spreadsheet and compare the total cost over the lifetime of the deal with varying up front payments. Usually not much in it, just depends what you want to pay a month and have in the bank to put down.

Reactions: Oldboy racer

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Yes I usually chuck it into a spreadsheet and compare the total cost over the lifetime of the deal with varying up front payments. Usually not much in it, just depends what you want to pay a month and have in the bank to put down.

Yes been doing spreadsheet and deals look closer than first appeared. It is down to whether I want to have local dealer or whether Dealer down south will deliver free to Central Scotland. Still thinking good to view vehicle and pick up myself.

Reactions: Syphon

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Usually the LeaseCo will have offers on certain lengths of contract, you may get a a good deal on say 48 months (a definite no go on PCH) compared to 24 month on same terms/deal as an incentive to get you to spend more.

Ideally you want 24/36 month as you should avoid second service and MOT (if handed back before 3rd birthday).

There used to be a magic number of total contract sum = to 20% of list price. This was apparently the figure to beat depreciation. This deals are pretty scarce now, think the MK7 Golf R deals were the last of those, people were literally given them for free!

I just tried your idea on the deal I got (36m x 8k as wont let me choose 10k miles) and i got the below;

35 monthly payments of
£379.00 Inc. VAT
Initial payment of£1,137.00

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
You'd think with car sales so low at the moment they would be offering stonking finance deals but then I guess they need to make as much money as possible from the few they do sell.

Reactions: bgb

Michael1a1

Oct 22, 2015
Just having a deeper look into this as well as our Leon Cupra lease ends in May. There seems to be some different variants creeping in for the Ateca much like the Formentor. i.e VZ1 - VZ2 - VZ3

Although can't see anything on the Cupra website. @Syphon is there any news anywhere that the Ateca is getting these different models or is it the dealers getting mixed up?

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Just having a deeper look into this as well as our Leon Cupra lease ends in May. There seems to be some different variants creeping in for the Ateca much like the Formentor. i.e VZ1 - VZ2 - VZ3

Although can't see anything on the Cupra website. @Syphon is there any news anywhere that the Ateca is getting these different models or is it the dealers getting mixed up?

We've not heard of anything changing on the Ateca front. It's nice and simple compared to the VZ madness on the Leon and Formentor. @CUPRATOM @Karla have your heard anything?

bgb

Jan 22, 2019

My understanding there is only one other pack for the Ateca Cupra - contains the speakers and brakes plus ACC

This pushes you into the madness tax bracket though..

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
You'd think with car sales so low at the moment they would be offering stonking finance deals but then I guess they need to make as much money as possible from the few they do sell.

You'd think so.. Even the standard Leon is over £200 on comparative deals that a friend is now paying £170 for with no upfront..

• Sad
Reactions: Syphon
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members