Cupra Juddering

wattwatt

Hi all,

I've just through the forum for car judders but couldn't find anything relating to mine so hopefully someone will have an idea.... :help:

I bought myself a mk2 leon cupra 3 wks ago and i love it but recently noticed on idel sitting at lights and stuff I can feel a small judder/shacking through the car which becoming quite annoying

I get this with clutch up on down, air con on or off.... I cant feel anything wrong on driving or at full boost and clutch feels perfect when gear changing

any help would be great???

thanks

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Not herd of this one before, you might be best taking it to the dealers have them look at it, doesnt sound very good though if its doing it on idle. Although it might just be a a small problem as i know nothing:lol:.

Hope you get it sorted anyways and welcome to the forum.

wattwatt

lol great hope it is only something small as only had it little while!!

Thanks for the welcome defiantly a great forum with loads of info and advice

Poverty

just how severe is this juddering? Is it like the engine is bouncing a little at standstill?

jaykicksass

2011 SEAT Leon SE 1.2 tsi
Jun 11, 2009
devon
does the rev counter bounce abit or does it idle at a constant say 750 rpm? it may be idling slightly low causing it to struggle to keep running? just and idea the idle could be increased slightly, does it do it with a tiny amount of throttle?
hope this helps?

jamie

wattwatt

na I did think so doesnt feel big enough for the engine to be moving i did consider it could be an engine mount but the judder is very small...:cry:

wattwatt

does the rev counter bounce abit or does it idle at a constant say 750 rpm? it may be idling slightly low causing it to struggle to keep running? just and idea the idle could be increased slightly, does it do it with a tiny amount of throttle?
hope this helps?

jamie

Good idea i havent tried it with a tiny bit of rev and the rev counter doesn't move at all not even a tiny bit from memory i think it idle's at 500 rpm? could be 750..

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
mine does this its like a little cough, thats the best way to describe it... mines done it since i got the car and is fine mate... wouldnt worry about it unless the car starts stalling ...

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
This one has been discussed before. The 2.0 does stumble at idle. My FR and both my K1s had it. It is quite subtle and you wouldn't necessarily notice it if you weren't paying attention to it. If it is nothing more than a slight judder then it is normal and don't worry about it.

AL Cupra

My 1.6 does the exactly same thing, feels like its pullling/juddering when your at a standstill. It has done since the day I got it and now its 3 years old it still does it but it hasn't gotten any worse. My missus used to have a 1.6 Ibiza Sport and that did a similar thing. I'm sure I read a thread on here a while back where other people had a similar issue. Hopefully my new Cupra won't do the same thing.

Poverty

This one has been discussed before. The 2.0 does stumble at idle. My FR and both my K1s had it. It is quite subtle and you wouldn't necessarily notice it if you weren't paying attention to it. If it is nothing more than a slight judder then it is normal and don't worry about it.

ye thats what im thinking, I think the problem described is normal

wattwatt

Excellent that's but my mind at ease I'll jut learn to ignore it!!

Thanks for all the quick replys!

wattwatt

Hey all thought I would update,

After feeling that this was getting worse over time I decided to take it back to seat to be checked out, after some testing the tech went to check coils and found that cyclinder 1 was filled with water and coil not fully working causing a misfire!!

So guessing before I got it engine was jet washed great!

£85 and should hopfully be sorted next week.

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
Has nothing to do wiht jet washing but more with the poor ability of the hood of the keeping out the water (soaking the hood liner and battery cover).
4 out of 6 cupra's I changed sparkplugs had the problem of a drawned/rusting coilpack (nr.1).

wattwatt

So I take it as a common problem this should be covered under a warranty problem?? I did argue for about an hour and it got me no where!!

how would I stop this from happing again then? Even more so as I'm planning on changing air filter and will lose the little extra protection from the engine cover?

Also why would slight misfire be normal isn't this a bad thing on the engine??

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
I've never noticed any problems with water under the hood and my car is in an outdoor car park so gets the brunt of the worst showers.

wattwatt

I've just changed plugs just waitin for new coil to come into stock!!