Cupra Juddering

wattwatt

New coil now fitted and excactly same god damn problem and ecu returning same fault code misfire on same cyclinder with new coil.

Back to seat it goes.... :-((

wattwatt

Little update to my problem went back to seat and dropped car off again this morning after spending changing over a coil they said was the problem in the first place!!!

They are now saying its 90% down to a injector and will be keeping the car over night to strip the engine down and replace as they have the injectors in stock!

FINGERS CROSSED!!!

wattwatt

I'm getting no codes on mine ether but the tech who took it out on test said it ain't normal and is really bad!

I get juddering really bad on idle and get popping noises through exhaust!!

Mine is a 2007 '57' done 41823 miles!

Poverty

sounds similiar to what robs getting. what garage is doing the work?

wattwatt

Grants at Braintree! Really hope they get it sorted as is So annoying spec as only had the car 2 months!

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I'm getting no codes on mine ether but the tech who took it out on test said it ain't normal and is really bad!

I get juddering really bad on idle and get popping noises through exhaust!!

Mine is a 2007 '57' done 41823 miles!

exactly the same as mine SEAT have told me mine is normal , thank f*ck some one else has the same problem !
mines been like it for 20 months , i have proved to SEAT that my timing is retarding itself and they dont give a toss :censored:[:@]

wattwatt

Well think it's a bit s**t of them to say there's nothing wrong spec if it as bad as mine as def not right!!

I'll keep u posted mate as they say injectors will sort mine and have it back tomorrow! If does I'll let u know!

Where aboutd r u anywhere near Essex?

wattwatt

Wow urs is much worse then mine, I've only got issues on idle have no problems with drive or boost!!

I'll keep u posted then mate and if they sort mine out I'll let u know what they done and I'd advise u book urs into grants in Braintree if it gets it sorted my be worth the drive!!

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
I'd advise you get rid of the under bonnet sound insulation. It just holds water.

I got rid of mine ages ago, with no issues at all. You don't need that holding damp in your engine bay.

Last edited:

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
Noticed the TTS stumbling now, minor misfiring. Rob, I remember following your tale of woe. Where did you get to with it?

Slash911

I had the same problem on my 57 reg Cupra about a year ago, juddering at idle and also hesitation when accelerating on a light throttle. Was still under warranty so went back to the garage, they diagnosed a misfire in cylinder 3, they began by replacing the coil pack however this didn't sort the problem and it was in fact the injector. Injector was replaced and has been fine (touch wood) for a year now. Hope this helps!

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
My car has done this since I got it last summer and I just thought it was normal, I get the pops also from the exhaust.

I rang the dealer there now and booked it in for next tuesday morning with SERE Motors to be looked at. I will keep you guys updated as to how I get on.

My car is a 2007 Cupra with 31,400 miles on the clock.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I had the same problem on my 57 reg Cupra about a year ago, juddering at idle and also hesitation when accelerating on a light throttle. Was still under warranty so went back to the garage, they diagnosed a misfire in cylinder 3, they began by replacing the coil pack however this didn't sort the problem and it was in fact the injector. Injector was replaced and has been fine (touch wood) for a year now. Hope this helps!

did you have any fault codes?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Is there a way through vag com to tell if the injecters are working properly?
wonder if i diconect injector 3 it will make any difference? i have noticed a rust stain on the outside body i wonder if mine is leaking?