Cupra Juddering

Slash911

did you have any fault codes?

The dealer did say there were fault codes, however I think they were telling them there was a misfire rather than what was causing the misfire. I'm not sure if a faulty injector will give a fault code itself.

wattwatt

Well annoying this seems to
be a very common problem even tho I was assured by everyone this engine is bullit proof!!!

Quite upsetting as this seems to be a massive downside to a car I love!

Anyways on an update got a call today to say they have got to order another bit in (although service advisor 'adam' said he isn't sure what this part is) but I now won't get it back till Tuesday/Wednesday!!

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
be a very common problem even tho I was assured by everyone this engine is bullit proof!!!

Anyways on an update got a call today to say they have got to order another bit in (although service advisor 'adam' said he isn't sure what this part is) but I now won't get it back till Tuesday/Wednesday!!

Unfortunatley you are now learning about the lack of ommpphhh in SEAT fixing problems , will be good to know what parts they are replacing mate.
Rob.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
There seem to be lots of little foibles that make these engines idle badly.

Plugs, coil packs, water ingress, pipes that become slightly loose, PCV's, tumble flaps, injector spray patterns, weak valve springs.....

Mine is currently idling pretty much perfectly other than when stone cold, but I've had an intermittent tumple flap error code in the last week which may be causing this. Not a pretty part to fit either.

Poverty

:lol:

Bullet proof? Far from it these engines are really tempermental, too many sensors etc, one sensors giving a reading slightly out of range can spoil the party

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
mine is certainly not bullett proof , mine is like a trifle , soggy at the bottom , and jelly like on top , well it is my third cylinder head [:@]

Sarky

I had same problem with Juddering, it only stopped when the wife wasnt in the car...

Next time I catch with the rampant rabbit in my motor i'll decapitate it!

wattwatt

Well this is a damn shame because it's a great car and seem's to be well up there with most hot hatches when it comes to power with the best look....

So far still haven't got my car back apprantly the module they where replacing was called a fuel metering unit but again they said this didnt solve the problem!! So they are taking the manifold back off to replace the other 3 injectors as they only done one that they thought it was aswell as they have only done one coil they thought it was rather then replace all 4 (seems crazy to me just to guess which one they think is wrong)

Starting to think after only 2 months of owning the car may look at changing in for something else poss a hawk eye scooby (although I not sure if i prefare these to the cupra)

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
i know exactly what you are going through mate , they really havent a clue , took 4 months to change all the bits they could get at on my car before they told me the cylinder head was coming off , and only took them 13 weeks on top of that to change it to a new 1 , so dont hold your breath mate.

wattwatt

It's a joke I prob wouldn't mind so much if They even bothered t call me and tell me what was going on!

The most annoying thing in the world is im in the trade and sell cars for a living and i've worked at 4 dealer's and they have all been more efficent then seat are being....

So whats made you hang on to yours through all these problems!??

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
It's a joke I prob wouldn't mind so much if They even bothered t call me and tell me what was going on!

The most annoying thing in the world is im in the trade and sell cars for a living and i've worked at 4 dealer's and they have all been more efficent then seat are being....

So whats made you hang on to yours through all these problems!??

until its sorted , if i went to sell it first thing people will say is sounds like its missfiring , wish i got it on pcp so i could just hand it back.

aidan9019

hi there im new to all this and just read your post... my 2.0 tdi does the same thing, at first i thought it could have been the dual mass flywheel but have been assured that it is not by various seat garages...

wattwatt

thought would update on here so anyone reading can see what was done even though private message sent!!

It turned out to be a non working injector in cylinder 4 all replaced and working a treat feels like a new car and loads more top end power!

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Hi wattwatt, i've noticed a very slight judder on my car when stood stationary, but also get the popping from my exhaust in second gear at higher revs, I do however have a full Miltek tbe fitted so is this normal or could it be a misfire??

I'm also running a stage 2+ map.

Last edited:

wattwatt

Mate, sounds exactly like the problems I was having judder on idle with small little popping noises from the exhaust on idle!!

I would def go and get it check out mate!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.