Cupra K1 (prefacelift) bumper query

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
Guys and Girls,

Since someone decided to drive into my car as an early Xmas present, the car has gone into the garage.

The only problem is that the garage are saying that the bumper of the car has been replaced by a newer one. The original bumpers side grills has slats and a bit of honeycomb at the end. However the bumper that the garage thinks is the new one is plain without slats and with honeycomb at the end (which is what I thought was the facelift bumper).

Two questions really:

1. Does the original bumper and grills still exist?
2. Does the new bumper exist & fit the preface lift Cupra

The size of the side grills are the same but the fixings are different so I cannot simply replace the new grills with the one with slats.

I hope this makes sense....

Any help appreciated...

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I expect SEAT have to keep stock of the K1 style bumper kits for owners, I'm sure I read somewhere it is a legal requirement to keep back stocks for so long.

Will the new bumper fit? I'm sure they've changed the nose (Seat grille badge) dimensions.

I know on the FL S3 you have to have new wings, bonnet and bumper to fit the new headlights. I'm not sure how severe the Leon FL has been, but I can't imagine the FL version would be a straight fit.

Have they already ordered something in?

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
Yes,

They firstly ordered in a cupra bumper (from vin number??), then they have this new bumper which im not sure if it actually fits or not...

And yes the FL has had new lights and smaller SEAT grill iirc.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Yes,

They firstly ordered in a cupra bumper (from vin number??), then they have this new bumper which im not sure if it actually fits or not...

And yes the FL has had new lights and smaller SEAT grill iirc.

I know that some of the BTCC kits were fitted at UK dealers (not sure if K1 was the same in that respect) so original VIN plates may show that the car had OEM bumpers???!

This is the problem with multiple limited editions, it can get tricky

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
I know that the bumper is very much the same, but the slatted grills are not a direct replacement of the new grills as the fixing points are different.

Also is yours a facelift Leon?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.