Cupra Leon build

gumpy321

Jun 7, 2021
Anyone else in the same boat as me and waiting for their Leon to be built?

I'll start. Went through Leasing options and opted for a VZ3 in Candy white.

Finance went through on May 3rd. Was told expect around September. Then August.

Latest update from broker was still no build week.

At this point I very much doubt it'll be here in August as build weeks are usually confirmed 3-4 weeks before.

Reactions: BizaLarry

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Not exactly sure, but I am up on my lease (Skoda) in February, went to enquire on Leon ST (Seat not cupra) today, not taking orders and deliveries are into February /March, not sure how much truth or apple is to all Leon's or all seats or cupra etc! Need to sort myself out quick!

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

DuckPit

Jul 2, 2021
Anyone else in the same boat as me and waiting for their Leon to be built?

I'll start. Went through Leasing options and opted for a VZ3 in Candy white.

Finance went through on May 3rd. Was told expect around September. Then August.

Latest update from broker was still no build week.

At this point I very much doubt it'll be here in August as build weeks are usually confirmed 3-4 weeks before.
I ordered through them as well but only this week, any more news on yours ? I need my Nov time, I thought it all pipeline stock not fresh fresh order so already in queue to be built? If I can't get it by mid Nov I'm screwed, I'm still within 14 day cooling off so could cancel.

Last edited:

gumpy321

Jun 7, 2021
No, nothing yet. I called SEAT 2 weeks ago with my order number and supplying dealer and they guy said I should have a provisional build week in 3 weeks.

As I understand it, leasing options/ALD/DM Keith have a batch of orders secured with the factory. These are customisable up until a certain point before they lock into a build week.

Another member on here got his last Friday. He said he ordered in the first week of March.

I worked out from order to delivery for him, 16 weeks in total. So 4 month(ish).

I'll give SEAT a call sometime next week if I get time.

Reactions: DuckPit

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
I need a car for February, the dealer suggested I order in August, also mentioned (as I knew they did normally) aren't having the factory close in the summer, to try and get back some time. Mentioned about 16 - 18 weeks roughly

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
The worldwide shortage of semiconductors (computer chips) is having a significant impact on many industries, including motor manufacturers. Some car manufacturers have had to take actions such as reduce production output, temporarily close production facilities, move to a shorter working week and reduce employees working hours because of semiconductor supply issues, all of which will impact normal lead times. The measures that car manufacturers are having to take would probably explain why there’s not much information forthcoming by way of updates on build and delivery dates. I dare say that even where specific customers‘ cars have been scheduled for production, semiconductor supply chain issues could mean delays.

It‘s not just VAG that are affected; most - if not all - car manufacturers are having problems getting sufficient supplies of semiconductors to build cars / fulfil existing orders, so there’ll be lots of frustrated customers of many car makers not knowing when they may get their new car.

Below are is a small selection of recent news articles on semiconductor shortages;

gumpy321

Jun 7, 2021
@DuckPit, just out of interest, what Leon did you go for, and what were the terms and prices because the prices have jumped quite a bit since I ordered.

DuckPit

Jul 2, 2021
@DuckPit, just out of interest, what Leon did you go for, and what were the terms and prices because the prices have jumped quite a bit since I ordere

@DuckPit, just out of interest, what Leon did you go for, and what were the terms and prices because the prices have jumped quite a bit since I ordered.
I went for standard white 300 vz2, 6 + 35 / 5k a year, comes in at £283 a month, was £275 but went up while I decided between this and mk8 Golf R I could of had that was pre reg same terms was 313 a month on 8k, but it bogo spec no rear view camera. I could still have the R if I wanted.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I went for standard white 300 vz2, 6 + 35 / 5k a year, comes in at £283 a month, was £275 but went up while I decided between this and mk8 Golf R I could of had that was pre reg same terms was 313 a month on 8k, but it bogo spec no rear view camera. I could still have the R if I wanted.
Who is this with? What kind of deposit?

DuckPit

Jul 2, 2021
Who is this with? What kind of deposit?
Leasingoptions deposit on Cupra was 1698 tuen £199 admin, the Golf R was through work deposit £2083. The Golf I didnt like on 18inch wheels, no DCC and no reverse camera which only £200 option but I couldnt add as already pre-reg, I preferred the Cupra as well as bit more stealthy only the quad pipes show its 300 model.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

DuckPit

Jul 2, 2021
Wow that good price is that 3 yr or 4yr be and the 300 ? Your total with that deposit being less than £1k is pretty much same total as mine, this lease deal is the worst Ive ever had though, currently got A4 BE 45tfsi on £219 a month and had a Golf R before at £268.

gumpy321

Jun 7, 2021
Wow that good price is that 3 yr or 4yr be and the 300 ? Your total with that deposit being less than £1k is pretty much same total as mine, this lease deal is the worst Ive ever had though, currently got A4 BE 45tfsi on £219 a month and had a Golf R before at £268.
3 years. Yeah VZ3 300. Prices went up around 3 weeks after I ordered.

I remember the old Golf R deals. They're never happening again, especially in this current market.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
The VZ3 I've gone for is 939 down and 313 a month with 8k miles per year.
I think I'd definitely take that now. Can't get close to that with Seat finance.

There's seemingly a higher demand for lease cars now so the prices aren't nearly as attractive.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Are any of these cars coming with the additional side blades? Only seen them on the phev. Like with the MK2 and Mk3/3.5 it makes the car look that bit better.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Are any of these cars coming with the additional side blades? Only seen them on the phev. Like with the MK2 and Mk3/3.5 it makes the car look that bit better.

Second pic down in this article - the only thing that's changed with the new spec changes from this is only the paint options which is very disappointing compared to spec outside the UK.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Sarah

Jan 18, 2021
I've recently enquired about ordering a new model skoda octavia vrs and it's a 30 week wait at least due to the chip factory burning down so haven't ordered

gumpy321

Jun 7, 2021
No, nothing yet. I called SEAT 2 weeks ago with my order number and supplying dealer and they guy said I should have a provisional build week in 3 weeks.

As I understand it, leasing options/ALD/DM Keith have a batch of orders secured with the factory. These are customisable up until a certain point before they lock into a build week.

Another member on here got his last Friday. He said he ordered in the first week of March.

I worked out from order to delivery for him, 16 weeks in total. So 4 month(ish).

I'll give SEAT a call sometime next week if I get time.
So I gave SEAT a call today and they said build week 33 (Week beginning 16th August) confirmed.

So realistically looking at September delivery.

grantcolborn

Sep 25, 2005
Has anyone else has any update on their build progress? I’ve yet to see a Cupra Leon on the road and the Formentor delivery thread has not made for good reading! The last update I had from Leasing Options was provisional build date of wk 35, w/c 30th august. I ordered the first week in June

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members