CUPRA Leon MK4 Build date and delivery tracker

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
Just had a update on mine.
Cars built and on its way to shipping point.
Delivery been pushed back by a week but now showing as delivery 14/04/23
Finally! - Will be 9 months by delivery from Order
I still have only the 14th of May as delivery date (VZ3 Estate 245 e Hybrid) but this was given back in January and my fleet manager has said they wont get an update until beginning of April. Mine order was Sept '21 so i would've hoped this would be fairly soon seeing as a few of you are getting updates for this/next month!🙏
Hope all goes well with yours!

Jimmyb234

Sep 11, 2022
Had an update this week from my dealer stating an unconfirmed build week 12. Updated the tracker but FYI ordered start of Sep 22 for a VZ1 245 in White - No extras.

James15695

Dec 22, 2022
Mine arrived on Friday, drove to see my family up in Scotland having not seen them since Christmas. Ignoring the state of it, the car is fantastic and worth the 11 month wait. Good luck everyone else with your deliveries. View attachment 35884
Looks lovely. Awaiting a VZ1 delivery as well after being built last week. Can I ask about your taillights? What’s the deal with coast to coast lighting these days? Does yours have it?

Radiator98

Mar 13, 2023
Looks lovely. Awaiting a VZ1 delivery as well after being built last week. Can I ask about your taillights? What’s the deal with coast to coast lighting these days? Does yours have it?
I think it's standard now across all three models with dynamic indicators too

Radiator98

Mar 13, 2023
Hi All, first post here. Ordered VZ1 back in May '22 with build week 9 allocated (27th Feb). I asked broker if this means dealer has a due to dealer date but was informed cupra/seat do things in stages i.e. mine is at stage 3: in transit. Stage 4 being arrived at uk port and stage 5 being with dealer. Does anyone know roughly how long transportation would be? Maybe a rough idea of when I can expect to arrange delivery. I figure last week march/first week april?

James15695

Dec 22, 2022
I think it's standard now across all three models with dynamic indicators too
I wondered the same. But was aware of lack of parts a while back which meant the coast to coast lighting was being skipped and some cars had standard lighting. Wondered if it was still the same or, as you say, it’s standard and the parts issue has been resolved. As for your other reply, mine was probably built on the same day (or same week at least) and I’m at the same stage as you. I’ve been told est. to dealer on 8th April so assume yours will be the same. Not sure if that’s a dealer guesstimate or not.

Reactions: Radiator98

Radiator98

Mar 13, 2023
I wondered the same. But was aware of lack of parts a while back which meant the coast to coast lighting was being skipped and some cars had standard lighting. Wondered if it was still the same or, as you say, it’s standard and the parts issue has been resolved. As for your other reply, mine was probably built on the same day (or same week at least) and I’m at the same stage as you. I’ve been told est. to dealer on 8th April so assume yours will be the same. Not sure if that’s a dealer guesstimate or not.
Ahhh, that's interesting. I haven't heard anything to suggest otherwise and I my broker is actually pretty good at getting things over to me. Can only assume it'll turn up with the correct lights LOL. Just out of curiosity? How did you get the date to dealer? I was told seat/cupra don't provide these? Follow up, anyway of tracking where in the world they might be right now?

James15695

Dec 22, 2022
Ahhh, that's interesting. I haven't heard anything to suggest otherwise and I my broker is actually pretty good at getting things over to me. Can only assume it'll turn up with the correct lights LOL. Just out of curiosity? How did you get the date to dealer? I was told seat/cupra don't provide these? Follow up, anyway of tracking where in the world they might be right now?
I just posted on the Mk4 Cupra Leon page I’m on on Facebook and somebody replied saying he got a VZ1 delivered last week and it has them, so I think we’re all good!

So mine is a lease car. Leasing company have given me regular updates and told me as soon as I had a build date an estimated to dealer date. I’ve just double checked and it’s actually est. 7th April. Either it’s a specific dealer thing based on experience, or Cupra do actually estimate it and they just don’t want to tell you in case it’s delayed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Radiator98

vee_cee

Dec 22, 2022
Just registered for the forum.

Will add myself to the spreadsheet.

In summary, I have had a CUPRA Leon Hatch VZ2 1.4 eHYBRID on order via my company car scheme, since September 2021.

updates have been sparse, but the latest I have been given is "Cupra Leon Hatchback – Factory ordered – Unconfirmed build week 13 – 2023", when I last checked back in June it was "Cupra Leon Hatchback – Factory ordered – Unconfirmed build week 7 - 2023" so has slipped further.

It appears to be a hybrid thing :(
Good to see some cars starting to be delivered.

Mine on the other hand looks to be on hold, latest is -> "Still Waiting Build, waiting on parts" :cautious:

Solo

May 30, 2015
Just for comparisons etc, I ordered a PHEV Leon in November 2021 as a lease through employer. Still not got a build date. I get updates every 2 weeks but it's the same every time 'awaiting build slot'.

I don't have access to trackers via dealer as my contract is with my employer so I have no idea what's going on. Don't even know which dealer the order was placed with.

I spoke to a salesman at a dealer last year and he said Cupra were prioritising private sales over leases but that's about all I know!

I'm not that desperate for the car to arrive but it would be nice to know if it's going to be this year or not.

vee_cee

Dec 22, 2022
Just for comparisons etc, I ordered a PHEV Leon in November 2021 as a lease through employer. Still not got a build date. I get updates every 2 weeks but it's the same every time 'awaiting build slot'.

I don't have access to trackers via dealer as my contract is with my employer so I have no idea what's going on. Don't even know which dealer the order was placed with.

I spoke to a salesman at a dealer last year and he said Cupra were prioritising private sales over leases but that's about all I know!

I'm not that desperate for the car to arrive but it would be nice to know if it's going to be this year or not.
Looks like we are in the same position ..... do get fed up of waiting...

James15695

Dec 22, 2022
Finally picked up VZ3 Hybrid today! almost exactly a year from order date.
Did manage to get a different colour since my choice was discontinued in the meantime (Asphalt Blue) but oh well
You done alright to get a hybrid within a year! What colour did you get?

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
Did manage to get a different colour since my choice was discontinued in the meantime (Asphalt Blue) but oh well
Got any good shots of it yet! You've done very well getting it within the year, still waiting on mine!

vee_cee

Dec 22, 2022
Well done on the prompt delivery :D ... I'm on 18 months currently, still with no build date!

Out of curiosity was this a personal order or via lease / company car route? Seems to be different priorities for different routes to market?

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
Well done on the prompt delivery :D ... I'm on 18 months currently, still with no build date!

Out of curiosity was this a personal order or via lease / company car route? Seems to be different priorities for different routes to market?
I think Mango mentioned previously it was a personal lease.

They are definitely seeming to prioritise certain methods of acquiring, I'm in the same boat as you around the 18month mark, company lease, but I have been given a date in May for delivery. But that was in January so may have changed and Im not holding out hope until it's Infront of me 🫠

hughesy81

Dec 10, 2020
Hi everyone,

I've updated the tracker google sheet - I've leased a VZ1 245. Wait time approx 6-12 months according to lease broker and a dealer. The quickest cars I've had were a '99 Vectra V6 and a '18 Volvo S60 T4, so motorway munchers. Currently have a Leon 1.5 130 - so looking forward to getting this one!

Jimmyb234

Sep 11, 2022
Dealer emailed me today… apparently a confirmed week 14 build which is w/c 3rd April so if it stays on schedule expects it to arrive around the end of April early May.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise