Cupra Overhaul!!

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
has it damaged the bore?

My mate's 443 BHP corsa dropped a exhaust valve a few weeks ago, mashed the head and piston but luckily bore was ok, so new head piston and new valves and she' s running again.

In fact he is competeing in TOTB this week end.

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Thing is even as a complete car its only worth about £7~8k if you can find someone who'd want to buy it. It's roughtly worth £6.5k~7k in bits and if I had to put it back to standard to sell on or rebuild as IHI i have to take into account the costs.

Just feel like I need a change, I love the car to death and regret nothing, but if I'm going to touch the engine I'll be doing;

Pistons, Rods, Valves, Bore Out, Large Manifold, Large TB, Tubular Manifold, New Turbo, New TIP, etc... its about £6k's worth of bits again and then I need to try and get it mapped, fell like I should just cut my losses and move on.

Car stands me at about £18k, minus bits I sold on when I bought it is £16.6k I always set my limit at never corssing the £17k mark and feel I now I've hit my limits I should stop and move onto my next project, something 4x4 for Nurburgring 2008.

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
But then I step over my spending limits, and end up loosing more... we shall see the car is still intact at this moment in time but if theres enough interested I'll start breaking it within the next day or so.

For those interested a complete list of parts, inclusive of prices can be found here; http://www.cmpracing.co.uk/uploads/index_cupr.htm

I'll be adding more to the list, and of course pictures later on. Postage on most parts isn't a problem, neither is pick up. And to be honest if you wanted to come up I'll happily fit the parts to you car.

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
Like i said in my PM mate, i have a complete set of standard used valves you can have mate, there no good to me, also a set of standard pistons and rods. You cover postage and there yours fella.

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
feel for ya mate, just proves that all the research in the world cant plan for this! you spent sooo much time looking into it all then your stung with this....one word....DRILLER

(wipes tear from eye)

HoocH

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Matt, hold those pistons, rods and valves for me. I'll whip the head off tomorrow and thursday and see what damage has been done. If the turbo is OK and the bore is fine (or needs a light hone) i may just rebuild it, but if the turbo's gone aswell as more damage then it'll go.

I'll keep everyone posted, if it does get re-built the complete car may be up for sale shortly, and if it gets broken I'll make a complete list of all the parts but I'm still tempted to break it.

I'll take a look at the damage before making rash decisions, it happened on the 8th of July so I've had lots of time to think about it but only just recently got the car back.

Still if people are interested in parts, still express your interest and I'll keep you posted.

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Well heads just about off, just going to go get the correct torx bit to remove it. I tell you what IHI fitment and removal is a right bitch of a job, in the engine just disconnected the DP and will lift the head off complete with manifold and DP.

Should know what the damage is shortly, and what my plans then are...!

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
Cool, let us know mate.

I cant find the valves anywhere, i left them at my dads, i think he has binned them. Will ring him later as he is away on a business trip.

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Well heres the pictures, valves are all intact. Piston is well melted, and the bore has melted too in places... bore is a complete write off!!

cupra_melt1.JPG

cupra_melt2.JPG

cupra_melt3.JPG

cupra_melt4.JPG

cupra_melt5.JPG

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.