cupra_cha2.JPG

cupra_cha3.JPG

cupra_cha4.JPG

cupra_cha5.JPG

cupra_cha7.JPG

cupra_cha8.JPG

cupra_cha9.JPG

cupra_cha10.JPG

All the modifications are now off the car, it's running all the standard suspension, brakes and interior. I've just picked up a set of standard wheels tonight and have the following parts either sat in the garage or waiting to be picked up;

- Engine
- Gearbox
- ECU
- Down Pipe + CAT
- Airbox

All I need now is a standard cat back exhaust and possible a washer bottle, then the car will live again! Going to update this thread with pictures like before, however a lot more cleaning is involved....

It'll be one clean Cupra and all screwed together right with the relevant bits copper greased!! :D

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Woohoo... engines back in, all that's left to do is code the ECU to the car and find a CAT back exhaust. Shame I've not have a digi cam for two weeks otherswise I'd have a load of pictures.

It's nice to know that the car is built to my standards now :D

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Completly and utterly 100% standard, once done I'm going to give it a good week or two test drive then sell it, think £4000's a fair asking price?? 83,000 miles but not a parking dent or bit of rust in site, new engine thats in it has 32,000 miles on it and I've got full service history for the car the engine came out of too... and I know it's a good car as it was one of my mates, I bought it complete un-crashed as a donor. :D

Not to mention the brand new G60 clutch and flywheel that are in it (OEM) and every little gasket had been replaced, and new fluids all round!

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Aye, but whats nice to know is that everything is built how it should be and everythings practically new on it haha! Not incluing the engine, flywheel and ECU i've spent £900.00 in fluids, brackets, gaskets, gearbox, wheels and clutch. :S

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Woohoo well she's done!!! Been battling a few problems one was a lumpy as fook idle, then a big cloud of unburnt fuel smoke turns out the new MAF was dead you'd never diagnose it as a MAF mind you'd think blown engine!!

The next was a misfire, new plugs and new coil packs and still there slightly lumpy at idle but wouldn't rev over 4k without a stutter then I remembered it was a bit damp when I fitted the ECU and sure enough there was moisture in the plug.

Dried it out and it seems fine now, will give it a proper test drive later when I've got it off the axel stands, if it still misfires I'm gonna go throw myself off a cliff! Ha!

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Bought a Lotus Exige S after the Cupra and also bought a 30th Anniversary Civic Type-R to use as a daily driver, both awesome car cars but after 18 months and a lot of track use fancied a change so the Lotus went and I found myself a BMW M3 CSL.

Again, awesome car, however my life with it was short lived as someone took me out BIG STYLE on a certain German toll road so it was an insured loss and I had to break it for bits. Next up, is the BMW 328i Sport I've just started developing this car but it will become my dedicated track car for the next few years I hope.

mys_1.jpg

CSL14.jpg

CSL18.jpg

bmwsport_2.jpg

bmwsport_3.jpg

RobVT

Jun 30, 2009
Redcar
Now then craig i properly didnt realise this was yours (its rob with the yellow ibiza, usually in alex's haha oh btw i have standard wheels and a fmic fitted now.)
anyway that looked stunning craig but i reckon you should of rebuilt it haha.

RobVT

Jun 30, 2009
Redcar
yeah Craig, the wheels where horrible and i mean that in the nicest way, anyway ill see you around dude

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Bit of an odd question, when your steering rack was lumpy after you had put everything back on what did you have to do to fix it? I'm having a similar sort of problem with a friends car.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.