Cupra Power from the FR thanks to superchips..

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
sounds good, cheaper than what seat want (the diffrence between the FR and cupra price wise)

altho i emailed P-torque they said they can give an FR tsi 195hp for £295

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
You should be able to get the same out of the FR as the Cupra/boca anyhow as the only difference is the map so should be looking at 200+ bhp.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
i made sure i told em its the 1.4tsi from a MK5 ibiza fr. :)

Sweet, is it switchable?

Just an FYI but there are scirroco 1.4TSI (160s) making 193BHP standard. Mine is going on the Awesome GTI rollers on Friday and I’d put money on it putting out more than 180(PS). If I ever went for a map I’d want at least 210BHP to feel the benefit depending on what my standard car is putting out.

I'm thinking, exhaust, decent induction and weight loss may be a cheaper way of getting power on the cupra's.

Last edited:

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
id be happy with around 200hp personaly.
i think the new hot petrol ibizas should have had more power. to bring it inline with the previous range.
160 for the fr and 190 for the cup/boc
after all the mk5 diesel fr gets a power increase from the mk4 diesel fr

im ok for power at the moment i havnt really needed 150bhp to be honest, when weathers nicer and i can go on a few track days i may invest but i still feel it absolutly flys with 150 (if it is even 150)

could do wi a gauge like in a veyron that says how much HP your using lol

DOH! just seen this:
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=254494

Last edited:

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I'm pretty sure the mk5 is lighter than the mk4 Ibiza Cupra TDi. I’ll have to pop into the mk4 section and ask someone to read off the gross vehicle weight. I know the book figure says 1175kg then in the v5 is 1650kg gross. Does this mean fully laden with a full tank of fuel?

I’m sure if you put the new cupra against the old one the new one would win down to the DSG. Not sure how it would fair top end though.

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
would be best comparing the MK4 FR petrol to the MK5 fr petrol
the cupra tdi would be alot heavier cus diesel engines weight a ton lol

im sure it being a smaller engine tho the MK5 would be lighter, then again the dsg gearbox might offset it.

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
yea but has no diesel equivlent

mk4 petrol fr 150ps - mk5 petrol fr 150ps
mk4 diesel fr 130ps - mk5 diesel fr 143ps

my point was the new fr diesel gets a powerincrease the petrol dosnt

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Guess that must be another of the benefits of the common rail technology as well as a more tactile rev range instead of the kick in the back PD power delivery.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Yeah suppose its just a sign of the times. Still a cool engine. Managed 43mpg with ease on the way to work now. Save some pennies for my fun fuel use at the weekends.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Can't get over 35mpg out of mine but it's a nightmare stop start traffic drive both ways. Good run on the weekend and it gets better as the box re adapts.

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
I have just done a 250 mile stint on a full tank, I know I was giving it some during this tank cos the DSG in D was predicting that I was gonna give it the beans. Love that box. But the 25mpg I managed without leaving the city is madness. But I'm sure the drive down Barmouth the weekend will be great. That drive would probably be the only time I could guarantee the extra power would come in handy. But it would have to be with coilovers to help improve handling, then I would appreciate it better on those Welsh roads. Lets see if I get pulled by the copper who has pulled me for speeding twice (in the puegeot). Bet you he pulls me for nothing, cos I wack the cruise control on when going through Welsh towns, like a good man.

ED

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.