Cupra R Alloy Wheels For My 20VT

1337n00b

Hi All,

I'm After some of them standard Alloy Wheels, that one gets with the Cupra Type R. The 17" ones.

I have the standard 20VT alloys, with the multiple spokes....

I have a Seat Leon 20VT, will these Type R allows, fit my 20VT with no mods or anything like that?

Im pretty sure they would, but just double checking.

Thanks,

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
first off, the cupra R has 18" wheels, the fr 150+ has a 17" variant of the same wheels.

and yes, they would fit without modding i believe.

you might find it tough to come by a set however unless you have deep pockets and go to the stealers.

1337n00b

Thanks for that.

I've got my eyes on a set of 4 (with Tyres) for £150 :D

westoncraig

reviver of old threads :)
Aug 7, 2005
weston-SUPER-mare
no idea mate..from the looks of my leon cupra diesel id say no to lowering on 18's..the radius would be the same as the wheel is bigger but the tyre is smaller..if you get me...and the facelift cupras are quite low already

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
no idea mate..from the looks of my leon cupra diesel id say no to lowering on 18's..the radius would be the same as the wheel is bigger but the tyre is smaller..if you get me...and the facelift cupras are quite low already
No I disagree please look at the difference mine made below...

Before
stdfr1.jpg

After
modfr12.jpg

I got 18" LCR alloys to fill that gap now. They are waiting to get refurbed and customised before they go on. I will post results in 2 weeks on my progress thread.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
YES BUT! Its not 20mm drop..you will get excess of 30mm as the petrols are 10mm lower than diesels. Reason being we have a big sump to worry about.

Mar 5, 2007
No I disagree please look at the difference mine made below...

Before
stdfr1.jpg

After
modfr12.jpg

I got 18" LCR alloys to fill that gap now. They are waiting to get refurbed and customised before they go on. I will post results in 2 weeks on my progress thread.

In the second pic, why does that car look like it's sticking it's arse up in the air?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Way I took the picture. The front is also slightly lower on the front due to engine weight and partly the way the H&Rs have designed the cup kit.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.