Cupra R Essential mods?

wrecker

I'm pretty new to the site and Leons. I'm picking up my 04 Cupra R later this week, so want to make sure I start off on the right foot and would appreciate some advice.

I've read tons of threads over the last couple of days and read all the mod guides and have already ordered:
1) Alpine IDA-X305 HU (plus fascia pack/aerial booster etc.)
2) Fabia rear wiper

I'll also be changing the front wipers soon, although I wanted to do the full mod (with golf Mk4 wiper arms) rather than just replace the blades. I've struggled finding the aero wiper arms on Ebay so far, so if anyone knows exactly what I need and can point me in the right direction....

Obviously decent tyres are on the list too and am gonna try and get some Sessanta's soon as everyone seems to be raving about them.

So, are there any other "essential" mods I should do next? Anything I really NEED to do, considering the car is pretty much stock as far as I'm aware?

Cheers,
Ed

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Welcome :) I just got my 55 Cupra R and I've done those very two mods you mention there. That HU is magic, I didn't bother with the Bluetooth option (don't particularly want to talk on the phone when I'm driving) and I'm trying the radio without the aerial booster just now and it seems fine. There is a way of getting the same result as an aerial booster but just by wiring the HU in slightly differently - see here - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2809902&postcount=8

The Fabia rear wiper is a must. My original SEAT one just left a great, big, semicircular smear of water/mud/snow/seagull-crap/whatever completely obscuring the view from the rear window. I got all three parts as a kit from ebay - do a search for "SEAT LEON SKODA FABIA REAR WIPER KIT". Took me less than 10 minutes to do. Check here for the front aero conversion info - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=222215

HTH,
8bit

PS - you're near Uxbridge, will wave the next time I'm down there with work :)

Last edited:

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
as andy said.
remap is the best thing you could do, biggest bang for buck. put that on the top of your list.

if you have more money to spend, look at;
induction kit
dumpvalve
silicon turbo intake pipe
exhaust system

that should take you to stage 2. but be warned, its not a huuuuge improvement over stage 1.

That Apline HU is ace, I've got one. Fits the dash lights perfectly and is really easy to use interface. Works with my iPhone perfectly.

Other mods to consider....

C2 aerial.
Citroen front jet washer sprey nozels.

Ben

wrecker

Cheers. Lots of good ideas there. Better start saving some pennies...

wrecker

Oops, just bought some Meguiars Wash/ScratchX/Gold Wax/MF cloths and a set of HIDs too... :) Still haven't got the car yet and have already spent over £300 on 'stuff' :whistle:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members