cupra r fmic on LC

andycupra

status subject to change
the intake manifold is the opposite way around when you compare the LC to the LCR.
(the intake pipe is on the offside on the LC and on the LCR its on the nearside).

the LC as standard has 1 SMIC on the offside, the LCR has two slightly smaller SMIC's, one on the offside, one of the nearside.

So, if you have a LC FMIC the inlet and outlet of the FMIC will both be on the offside. A LCR FMIC will have the inlet on the offside and the outlet on the nearside.

So you will have difficulty routing the pipework using a LCR intercooler on a LC.
You will also have to consider where how you would mount the map sensor.

However your avatar and signature appear to show you having an Ibiza... which would at least have the inlet manifold on the nearside.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Its not to hard i have the LCR twin intercoolers on my LC, so when i put a FMIC on i will be using the LCR one. You need the LCR manifold and pipe work, all the pipe work route's easily.

here is a pic.

3455796019_1aff45c5a7_b.jpg

kongenafKbh

Its not to hard i have the LCR twin intercoolers on my LC, so when i put a FMIC on i will be using the LCR one. You need the LCR manifold and pipe work, all the pipe work route's easily.

Hi is it possible to make a list for what you need to put an LCR inlet on a LC and are there any gains to it?

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I would have thought it would be;
Cupra R/ s3 charge pipe.
2 side mount intercoolers
map sensor pipe
aluminium intercooler connecting pipe
Cupra R inlet manifold
3 lower intercooler hoses
2 upper boost hoses
brackets, bolts and gaskets