Cupra TDI Power Graph

dirk1978

Mar 25, 2009
Hey guys.

Went for a custom remap at Stealth Racing at the weekend. Met Vince there who is very knowledgeable about all things VAG. Really impressed.

Anyway, He put the car on the rollers to check it's all OK before starting the process and it made 291 lb ft. This is the graph I took a pic of:

2009-11-14%2B10.44.55.jpg

The rollers are very definitely accurate and I thought the car was standard. Apparently it's either been remapped already or this is what the car makes as standard. I've heard from a few sources and confirmed with Vince that VAGs and PD TDIs in particular make more power than advertised, and the map when read out looked fairly standard and very close to a Golf PD150 map. So perhaps SEAT sport took a bit of artistic licence with the Cupra TDI?

Anyway, he's getting a stock PD160 map and comparing against mine. I've worked out the peak BHP of this run to be 186BHP at 4000rpm. I'd like to try and hold the torque at 300lb ft. as high up the range as possible. If I can still hold 290 by 3700rpm that'll be 204BHP, lovely :)

Has anyone else got high stock PD160s or 130s?

darrenpeetham05

Okay, I've got the same Cupra TDi:)

I have a diesel torque power box. I have not done a dyno yet, but they garantee that I achieve 141 kw and 390Nm compared to the standard 118kw and 330Nm. I wouldn't know if it's fact yet, but I have silenced and surprised many big boys from robot to robot.

Is there anything else I can do that is not too intense, as the car is still under a service plan...??

dirk1978

Mar 25, 2009
Just called Stealth, apparently it is the stock map. Wow. Back for a custom map next week then :D

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
my pd130 was stock apart from a pd160 intake and it pulled 156bhp and 280ft/lb, i dunno if the rollers where accurate but havin had a few chats with people that kinda power output from my car is not uncommon, perticulay the BLT engine which mine is

dirk1978

Mar 25, 2009
One things for sure, that graph shows that you should certainly change gear at 4000rpm!

pedro-tdi

have a 130 tdi sport made 149bhp and 248lb/ft on rs tunings rolling road.

Disco_Biscuit

Ibiza Cupra Tdi PD200
Jul 8, 2007
Mine ran 176 bhp 286lbft standard and 200 bhp 300 lbft after map, you don't gain that much from a remap in a Cupra, it seems to move the power delivery, smoothed it out on mine and pulled better after 4k even though thats when the powers dying off.

RoSonic

Nov 21, 2007
Bucharest, Romania
It's a common thing for some of vag's TDI engines to output more hp than specified. but don't know why they do this - might be due to their software revisions/updates.

Si_TDi_FR

Oct 6, 2009
Northallerton
my pd130 was stock apart from a pd160 intake and it pulled 156bhp and 280ft/lb, i dunno if the rollers where accurate but havin had a few chats with people that kinda power output from my car is not uncommon, perticulay the BLT engine which mine is

When my Ibiza FR went in for an engine mount under warranty the guy thought the BLT engine was the PD150 and seemed a bit shocked so maybe makes sense?

Disco_Biscuit

Ibiza Cupra Tdi PD200
Jul 8, 2007
Just looking at that graph compared to mine and it loads different, on my graph standard map peak power is at 3800 rpm then tails off

Yours tails off just after 2000rpm thats not right

Disco_Biscuit

Ibiza Cupra Tdi PD200
Jul 8, 2007
Just noticed mine ran more standard than i thought, 184.9bhp 285.4 lbft standard
200.2 bhp 306.9 lbft after remap

lc4geoff

FR TDI
Jan 12, 2008
Portadown, N. Ireland
I had my supposedly standard 130 FR on the rollers on Saturday and it did this:
img002.jpg

I've since spoke to the previous owner (who had it from new) he says he didn't have it re-mapped!

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
When my Ibiza FR went in for an engine mount under warranty the guy thought the BLT engine was the PD150 and seemed a bit shocked so maybe makes sense?

That would make sense as the BLT engine always produces way more than 130bhp from what ive seen and most Ibiza's with BLT engines tend to be of a certain age, all be it unlikely

However i wouldn't have thought that SEAT would have a running gear lottery as well as the parts bin lottey unless it was deliberate :think:...................... but then again I aint complaining :thumbup:

dirk1978

Mar 25, 2009
@dirk1978 can you also post the power curve graph ?

Sorry mate, only just managed to take a pic of the screen when they had the torque page up. Easy to work out the power curve though - I've transposed this from the photo:

main.php

That would make sense as the BLT engine always produces way more than 130bhp from what ive seen and most Ibiza's with BLT engines tend to be of a certain age, all be it unlikely

However i wouldn't have thought that SEAT would have a running gear lottery as well as the parts bin lottey unless it was deliberate :think:...................... but then again I aint complaining :thumbup:

Mine's the BPX. Any info on that?

Disco_Biscuit said:
Just noticed mine ran more standard than i thought, 184.9bhp 285.4 lbft standard
200.2 bhp 306.9 lbft after remap

Have you got an uprated clutch?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members