cupra tdi service intervals?!

cupra1981r

hi people. im trying to find out when my cambelt is due.

looking at my service/maintainace guide it says every 60k but doesn't say anything about age?! mine is a '54' (sept/oct 04, off top of my head). its done 38k, but looking at the service history its had many services (almost too many) all at seat dealers but not had it changed.

does any1 no if im due 1 now??

cheers, ::shrug:

tdi sport

Apr 13, 2008
they recomend 60k or four years whichever comes first but to be honest i thinkl they jus trying to rip people off

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
I got mine (54 plate) done ~9 months ago, at 49k.

Its a bit of a grey area, some places say 60k, some say 80k, 4 or 6 years, I got mine done early as I dont want to clean up the mess if it went.

James FR

I got mine (54 plate) done ~9 months ago, at 49k.

Its a bit of a grey area, some places say 60k, some say 80k, 4 or 6 years, I got mine done early as I dont want to clean up the mess if it went.

How much did it cost ya? :think: so I can start saving up

cupra1981r

well i guess mine being 4 1/2 years its worth looking into then....

cheers guys

Aimez

Hello, my mileage is the same and my car and age are freakily the exact same as yours! Just had mine done again the garage could find no time limit but said they would have done the same as me as did my work mate who used to be a tech for VW.

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Mine came to about under £400 with a service thrown in. I was expecting it to be alot more though.

AwesomeAl

Sales @ Awesome
Sep 17, 2008
NorthWest
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
How much would you boys charge for a cambelt change on a Cupra TDI then? Car is 3.5 years & 35000 miles old so could be due soon....

We charge a standard charge of £295 + VAT on the 1.9 TDI's.
This is: Cam belt, Tensioner Roller, Idler, Water pump all fully fitted.

Sometimes a good idea to replace the Alternator belt at the same time (Usually around £20 - £25)

:)

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
We charge a standard charge of £295 + VAT on the 1.9 TDI's.
This is: Cam belt, Tensioner Roller, Idler, Water pump all fully fitted.

Sometimes a good idea to replace the Alternator belt at the same time (Usually around £20 - £25)

Ta muchly - seems very reasonable.

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
Interestingly the wife just spoke to Hobins (Manchester) who say it's 5 years for cam belt changes. Everyone else seems to be sticking with the 4 years as above.

Aimez

er he hasn't answered this since the other posts but hope this is useful to others though basically it seems there is no rule on time just be sensible if it's like 7 years old still not at 60k you'd be a bit silly to not have had it done.

maccp

Had my Cupra TDi done last week at 51k on a 2004 54 plate.Cost me £295 + vat incl waterpump,tensioners etc.