Cupra to Cupra R car upgrade, is it worth it???

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Your right it is personal preference and there is no right and wrong answer as such.

Of course throwing 2k at a car can get a lot done and I am sure he will be pleased however will it stop at 2k? Will it be 2k plus a nice new bumpers, some nice new seats, new r32 steering wheel or some nice new alloys which makes it more like 3-4k? If he is disciplined then happy to stop there then i say stick with LC. If he wants a more complete package spend the extra and get a cupra r which doesn't really need much doing to it out the box.

He could have electric leather memory seats already? A nice leather steering wheel already? If he has the same interior as mine then its already better than the Lcrs??

The body kit was a joke btw. I prefer the cupras styling so wouldnt change it.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Memory seats: Great
Leather seats: No thanks!

Personal preference, but while leather looks better, I hate it on car seats. It tends to be either too hot or too cold and I stick to it. I would never choose leather seats over my Recaros, but I appreciate that many would

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
Memory seats: Great
Leather seats: No thanks!

Personal preference, but while leather looks better, I hate it on car seats. It tends to be either too hot or too cold and I stick to it. I would never choose leather seats over my Recaros, but I appreciate that many would

Agreed on the leather seats comments, the same applies to them stupid metal gear knobs people fit too lol

payney24

Another thought is, if you have £4-£5k, have you considered going big turbo? I'm no expert but you may see around 330bhp for that amount of cash, they are plenty of people on here who could guide you through the process.

not reall considered this, i know that for ultimate power that probably would be the best option but a really cant justify spending that amount. it's double what the cars worth. you never get your money back on mods come sale time either. it would be dead money in my opinion. not that i think anyone who has done have wasted there money. each person has there own viev on this but if i was to spend that much, i'd be on the look out for a nice tidy platinum grey LCR

payney24

He could have electric leather memory seats already? A nice leather steering wheel already? If he has the same interior as mine then its already better than the Lcrs??

The body kit was a joke btw. I prefer the cupras styling so wouldnt change it.

Yeah, i do have the electric leather (not sure about the memory function though) and the steering wheel.

No chance of a body kit/lcr bumpers, being onvi yellow and 8 years old the paint is various shades due to uv fade. had some spraywork done about 4 years ago and getting a colour match then was a nighmare ( lets just say the body shop had 2 attempts before i demanded they pay'd for it to be done right else where, even then they had to mix 4 batches of paint to get the colour just right) so getting aa match for them now would be almost impossible!