custom code or revo ect...?

elliott87

May 27, 2008
Edinburgh
just looking for your views on this. i know alot of people will say 'stick with VAG dudes' or 'revo all the way' but i wanna know why? whats wrong with a custom code for your car? after all, every1's car runs differently.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
The best you can do mate is stick with a company that is close to you and that you have faith in that won't feck you about. If you have problems its easier for them to sort this out. TBH at stage one there isn't much difference. The generic maps the REVO one has been said to be the more aggressive one but this can be adjusted if you don't like the aggression. CC is supposed to be the more smooth generic one

elliott87

May 27, 2008
Edinburgh
well there's an authorised REVO dealer 15mins away and a rolling road centre that does custom code's and will prove their work on the RR for you. REVO map is double the money from the custome one with RR. is the REVO really worth it or are custom one's good also?

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
there will be little in the power levels. not driven a revo mapped car but theres many on here and they seem happy.. having said that the same can be said for jabbasport, custom code , amd , performance torque etc.

as long as there known and respected in vag circles you should be fine. having an RR on the premises would possibly sway me, as if there were issues its a huge help in sorting it. also if they have lots of vag experience any issues are fixed quickly...:)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
nothing wrong with CC at all... everyone has their favourites...

question to askyourself on the ££ difference is are the switching abilities of REVO something which appeals, and factor in the Select+ switch cost on top to utilise these.

Custom Code you get what you get, its set, it works well but you dont get to fiddle with it.
REVO you have the select+ option if you want to fiddle with boost up/down, ignition up/down, or switch to stock etc.... but select+ is extra £ on top of map.

happy choosing

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.