marcb

Apr 25, 2007
DK im using EBC groved and dimpled disc and they are the nuts mate with yellow stuff pads stops me ok

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
Motors looking good mate, aint seen it in ages. Anthracite was definately the right way to go on the hoops! Just reading through this and was gonna say R8 oil cap but got beaten to the punch! If you want a cheaper one than those above, you can get it here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&item=150318864090

Keep up the good work [B)]

Might be wiset to hold your horses on the this bacth of R8 oil cap folks...... I got one of these exact ones, followed this link, and when I got it the other night fitted it to my car (LCR) and went for a drive only to find it didn't seal quite right and pi$$ed oil every where. [:@]
Gonna have a look over the weekend but not to happy with it tbh.

jamiebennett81

Might be wiset to hold your horses on the this bacth of R8 oil cap folks...... I got one of these exact ones, followed this link, and when I got it the other night fitted it to my car (LCR) and went for a drive only to find it didn't seal quite right and pi$$ed oil every where. [:@]
Gonna have a look over the weekend but not to happy with it tbh.

so a cheap copy then?

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Looks like I've posted a link to a dud - uh oh.

It says in the listing that the cap has to be slighly modified to fit a 1.8T

Maybe he c*cked your one up?

Or as suggested, maybe you're just a ham fisted wally who cross threaded it :lol:

Oil is so fun and easy to clean up too, I bet you're really happy about that...

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
Looks like I've posted a link to a dud - uh oh.

It says in the listing that the cap has to be slighly modified to fit a 1.8T

Maybe he c*cked your one up?

Or as suggested, maybe you're just a ham fisted wally who cross threaded it :lol:

Oil is so fun and easy to clean up too, I bet you're really happy about that...

Even i'd hard pushed to ham fist 2 plastic twist lugs....;):D

jamiebennett81

think I will stick with ordering a genuine one from Awesome.....for a few pennies more, I know it will fit, and will be hassle free if I need to send it back

EmDee

Omnishambolic
think I will stick with ordering a genuine one from Awesome.....for a few pennies more, I know it will fit, and will be hassle free if I need to send it back

They are genuine!

Basically there are loads of different engine types it can be used on and you need to specify when buying what engine it is for. They modify the seals differently depending on the application.

It could have happened with any supplier to be fair...

jamiebennett81

They are genuine!

Basically there are loads of different engine types it can be used on and you need to specify when buying what engine it is for. They modify the seals differently depending on the application.

It could have happened with any supplier to be fair...

true....

but Awesome IMO is more of a trusted source than ebay

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Brake's update

I picked up my new front brakes today, Nothing too special but they should be better than the worn disc's and pads that are on now.
I went for Ferodo DS2500 pads and O/E Brembo vented 323mm Disc's which I was going to get grooved but I'v decided not to.
I also got the seal for the front edge of the bonnet so hopefully the engine bay should stay a bit cleaner.

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.