Definitive guide on peoples tyres recommendations

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
I've got the Hankooks they are good, but they have suffered a noticable drop in performance once down to 3-4mm

Probably get them again as I haven't read a review of any others that don't have one weakness or another over them.

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
I have a Fabia vRS with the standard 205/45 16 tyres.

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3:

Pros
Great in the wet and dry. Elegant tread design (IMHO). Not too bad for tyre wear.

Cons
Useless in snow/sluch ice (same as most summer tyres). Don't like the cold either.

Toyo Proxes T1-R

Pros
Cheap. Good in wet and Dry. Soft, so coped with cold weather better than F1s

Cons
Being soft they don't last long - Fronts now warn out after 12-13K miles. Don't seam to like large puddles or very deep standing water. Like F1s, useless in snow/ice etc.

On Monday I ordered a pair of Uniroyal Rainsport 2s, although I'm still waiting for them to be delivered.

H1JJY

Apr 29, 2010
Rochdale NW
Would go for F1 every time.
Drive 1000's of cars over the years and even 'rain' tyers dont work as well as F1 do.
There as good in the dry as Proxes and Praders.

But as about crap in the snow.

Last ages as well if you dont hammer them (got 30,000 out of a front set)

derv_dan

Aug 9, 2009
Manchester
I'm on my second set of Parada Spec-2s now. I picked them because they are top value for money (get on ebay for a set of 4). They are brill in the dry, not too great in the wet but as long as you don't drive like a tool they do just fine. I can't nail it in the wet with any tyres without burnout city.

Only other set I've tried were Continental Conti-Sport Contact 3s. They were superb in all conditions but I'm guessing pretty similar to T1-Rs in that they were super soft and wore out in no time.

Either way get on ebay there are always some bargains on there, some with free fitting.

Ting

Apr 28, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
I had toyo T1-Rs last year and they seemed very good value for the price (£56 each I think) the only issue was they wore kind of quickly and not too great in the wet.

I then opted for the Hankook V12 Evo's and so far thought they were marginally better than the toyos and only a tenner more per tyre.

For overall performance I would give the toyo's probably 70% and the hankooks 80%.. I may change my opinion on the hankooks in the summer, as I haven't tried them in the hot weather yet. But so far in the cold weather they've been better than the toyo's in all areas imo.

RAMBO MKII LC

I recomend falken 452 if your not looking for anything special and they good price too,there prob the best non premium tyres around,there's not that much diferent from primium tyres in performance wise,they have nice tread too, but its all downy to personal choice and past experiences

bukem

Jan 20, 2008
Bristol
I'm riding on Falken FK452 as well and IMHO, they are pretty good for the money. I have always used Toyo T1R and I have no complaints about them either. As long as the FK452 are £15+ cheaper than T1R, I would get them again.

I have used Goodyear F1 in my previous cars but again IMHO, they seem too expensive to justify especially as the T1R then FK452 have similar performance.

RAMBO MKII LC

I totally agree with what u said some of the tyres are well over priced and overrated too I have the Pirelli pzero rossos on at the mo and id say still falkens are better value for money, rossos slightly perform better in hard cornering that's it

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members