differences between fr badges

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
hey guys i recently got a leon fr+ tdi =. the fr bages on the side are red but i have seen some on ebay that are black and red so im just wondering is there a difference between them or do they mean anything different eg petrol/diesel???
sorry if this is a stupid question :whistle:

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
Mine are all red. I thought Mk1 FR badges are all red and Mk2 are red and black? and maybe mk1 owners with red/black badges have had replacements?

I suppose anyone that has had a mk1 fr from new could clarify (or maybe just someone that knows)?

Lukai

I have a Mk1 FR and mine are black/red, but have faded as well... been thinking of putting new ones on, is it an easy enough job without knackering your paintwork?

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
As rich td said, Black/Red = FR, All red = FR+.

@Lukai: Yes changing them is easy. Use warm water and dental floss to "floss" behind the badge. You will then be left with the remnants of the sticky foam stuff. Very carefully scrape this off using you finger nail, taking care not to scratch the paintwork. Again use warm soapy water as this will make it easier. Finally, you may have some light glue or dirt marks where the badge used to be. This should just polish out (or if you are putting new badges on in place you can probably get away without polishing the marks off).

Lukai

As rich td said, Black/Red = FR, All red = FR+.

@Lukai: Yes changing them is easy. Use warm water and dental floss to "floss" behind the badge. You will then be left with the remnants of the sticky foam stuff. Very carefully scrape this off using you finger nail, taking care not to scratch the paintwork. Again use warm soapy water as this will make it easier. Finally, you may have some light glue or dirt marks where the badge used to be. This should just polish out (or if you are putting new badges on in place you can probably get away without polishing the marks off).

Great thanks for your help :D

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
:D
Mine are all red. I thought Mk1 FR badges are all red and Mk2 are red and black? and maybe mk1 owners with red/black badges have had replacements?

I suppose anyone that has had a mk1 fr from new could clarify (or maybe just someone that knows)?

Had mine from new and its black/red.