DIY Service Guide: Fuel Filter, Oil+Oil Filter, Pollen Filter, Air Filter + MAF Clean

oldtimer

Mar 3, 2008
Wales
Hi Lui,
The filter will have a new ring in the box, don't forget to smear some clean engine oil on it before fitting.

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
One extra thing I do on my TDI when I change the oil is I drain the oil cooler as well. It sits underneath the oil filter housing and holds some dirty oil which I would rather empty! It has a cap on it like the oil filter housing. so removing it is pretty straightforward, but wear gloves and have a basin underneath ready as it's upside down so as soon as you start to unscrew it you will get oil coming out.

Wash It!

Feb 21, 2009
Hampshire
Change your Pollen Filter
pollen3.jpg

Just a small note on this step, I've just checked my pollen filter on my 2008 DAB and I was unable to remove the plastic cover with just these bolts you've pointed out.

I had another 2 to undo, in this photo they are just behind the 'bulge' on the bottom of the plastic cover. Once they were free the cover literally fell out.

This is a fab guide though, from start to finish. Thanks for taking the time to compile the information.

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
Thanks for the updates 'GazGT' and 'Wash It', I shall add them into the original post so people don't have to read all the way through :)

No worries, saved me loads :)

Cheers
-Stu

Wilson9

Oct 12, 2010
just changed my pollen filter thanks for the guide, was a 5min job. Just hope i put it back in with the airflow the right way. :thumbup:

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
Good stuff :) Glad it helped, if I remember correct there were air flow marks on the casing/chassis for the filter?

It's been awhile and coming up time I need to do it again!

Cheers
-Stu

METHVS02

Hey stu would you be able to tell me the product number for the oil filter as I have managed everything else in the service apart from this as my local halfords where unable to supply me correct one.
many thanks.

Tom-FR

Apr 12, 2010
crewe
Hey stu would you be able to tell me the product number for the oil filter as I have managed everything else in the service apart from this as my local halfords where unable to supply me correct one.
many thanks.

PD130 Oil Filter – 071115562A

tom

MiguelTavares

Wow, great DIY! ;)
I might start saving money doing it at home ;)

philje123

Chug chug
Jul 5, 2011
York
Tried to change my oil today and the sump nut is broken I think.

The nut turns and turns but never comes out or goes in. Isn't leaking thankfully.

Think I might see about borrowing one of those suction things to do the oil rather than getting a new sump!

Phil

~Divine~Wind~

Newbie Owner
Sep 6, 2011
Nice :)
Purchased all the bits but forgot pollen filter and ECP supplied the wrong fuel filter :p
My bros mechanic did all the work tho, yeah I botteld it lol

Gonna nab another fuel filter, grab a poleln filter at the same time and knowing me probably destroy something in the proceeds of chaning a filter xD

I'm wondering where to get the IPA? I asked recently at the chemists as I only needed a small amount and they said they're no longer allowed to sell it.

ORAYMANO

Hey I just wanna say a massive thanks for the guide. I have just changed my pollen filter, exactly as shown by the guide. With any luck i wont be spending 10 mins in the morning sitting in the car waiting for the windscreen to clear anymore!! Many thanks :lol:

zomby

May 8, 2011
Scotland
Top guide for the cabin filter. I was the same with the two extra screws on my 2006 Cupra, if that hadn't been mentioned I'd prolly have got frustrated and just snapped the thing off :)

It's amazing what you can find in the cabin filter.... dead leaves, lots of bugs..and.........a burger king straw wrapper lmfao!

Thanks guys!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.