DIY Short shift

auq

Avoiding Potholes!
Feb 11, 2010
Leicestershire
ive just finished the short shift mod, and am so happy with the results!, why fork out loads of cash for aftermarket parts when a couple of quid and a bit of time/skill can do the job just the same!!

pics to follow ;)

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Nice one, fire up the pics so we can have a look at your handy work.You should take that £50 you saved and hit the pub for a few hard earned cold ones.

paul26982

sorry on phone, my net is down at the moment so its a pain

CupraTurbo81

Think i'll give this one a bash, another cheap and chearful mod which makes me happy :D

auq

Avoiding Potholes!
Feb 11, 2010
Leicestershire
Faisal, this is so easy mate, just make sure you dont drill to far over!!!
i drilled 8mm hole, 8mm bolt with 2x washers and a nylock nut on top, it says on posts to lock off 1st with a nut , then put the arm on, then another nut, but trying this i found the angle of the cable to be too much so i just used one nut.
any probs give me a shout mate!
oh, and the difference is unbelivable! i will never go back to standard now.

CupraTurbo81

Does anyone know the part number for the linkage that goes onto the shifter. I noticed that when i modified mine it was a bit worn an running that mod for about a month since and its totally knackered now. Couldn't find any info on it.

CupraTurbo81

Cheers i'll maybe consider just getting a set of them instead then.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Faisal, this is so easy mate, just make sure you dont drill to far over!!!
i drilled 8mm hole, 8mm bolt with 2x washers and a nylock nut on top, it says on posts to lock off 1st with a nut , then put the arm on, then another nut, but trying this i found the angle of the cable to be too much so i just used one nut.
any probs give me a shout mate!
oh, and the difference is unbelivable! i will never go back to standard now.

what lenth of bolt did you use?
going to pop down b and q in a min and try this mod out :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.