Do i need phase 2 ??

andytaylor1980

Jul 30, 2009
North East (Middlesbrough)
Hi guys call me stupid but if i put a catback sysyem with decat pipe on my LCR currently running on phase 1 Custom code will need to upgrade to another expense on phase 2 ??

What sort of gains will i make and if i just put it on will the car run like a bag of shite ??

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
not sure about the gains mate, obviously there will be great gains if you were to map it, but you dont have to.

recently fitted a full milltek system on mine and still runs perfectly, i also have the stage 1 CC map.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
if you go decat then youll need the lambda mapping out as itll recognise a fault with no cat on, stage 2 is good, its a custom map to take into account your higher flowing dp and cat/decat. i pulled 15 extra ponies with stage 2, and higher torque curve.

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
iv got a de-cat and i think i can live with the little light, saves me splashing out £340 for it.

andytaylor1980

Jul 30, 2009
North East (Middlesbrough)
so to get this right, if i do fit the catback and decat the car will run the same without the phase2 ?? but without any gains ?

It it possible to just get it fitted and look at phase 2 at a later date?

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
If you can't afford to do it properly, common sense would tell you to hold off fitting the decat

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
so to get this right, if i do fit the catback and decat the car will run the same without the phase2 ?? but without any gains ?

It it possible to just get it fitted and look at phase 2 at a later date?

yeah itll run ok, but the cel will come on. but will run better with stage 2 custom mapping.:)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise