Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Yes - keep everything

Votes: 27 69.2%

• Total voters

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Hi just a curious question really. Do you keep your OEM parts when upgrading/modifiying like stock wheels when you go for aftermarket items. At the moment im hording all my old bits in the garage bar the exhaust which was too bad to keep. Only one i can think the future owners of the car might like are the stereo/cd changer combo. Anyone think its worth selling common items like TIP, airbox, LCR oringal suspension, CD changer/Player, wheels, ARB, interior/accessories etc?

Last edited:

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
I've kept everything so I can sell it as standard when the time comes..

Dec 19, 2006
I keep a few things but mainly because i haven't sold it yet. I've done quiet a few things to my car but I wonder how it would drive if everything went back to standard.

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
Keep some of the bits.
Bits like interior, wheels, airbox and some engine parts (inlet manifold, rocker cover, etc) sell well so worth selling on to free up cash for future mods. :)

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
like has been said, i think it's wise to keep things like wheels and airboxes, when the time comes to sell prospective buyers seem very wary when they see aftermarket items.

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
I've kept all my oem parts except for my suspension which was shagged anyway. I'll stick it all back on when sale time comes.

The missus is well pissed of with the state of the cellar. it's like a scrap yard :cartman:

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
yes everything you never no if your going to need it or if you sell the car cos some times they cost a fortune oem parts

TubbyTwo

Taking a break from JDM..
Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
on my previous cars i have kept all the spares etc. never know when i might need something.

downside of course is that now i have sold the MR2 i have nearly enough spares int he garage to build another.....

not built up the energy to have a clear out yet lol

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Kept everything except the springs as i helped someone out on here.
Got a 4mx3m shed at the bottom of the garden with bits in so Mrs don't care :)

Aug 24, 2007
kept every thing except the exhaust and engine cover screws.

The pipe had to go as its too sodding big to store in the parts box :D

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
interesting seems like most of us keep it. I remember selling my last few golfs said i had all the original gear and the new owners were never interested. i think i might get rid of the suspension as its massive and surely any owner wouldnt waste their time refitting a set that had done 67k plus the box its in is massive!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members