Dodgy Door Handle

LoDa

Oct 12, 2008
Southampton
Went to the stealers today to see if they could fix my passenger door. It opens from the inside but not from the outside (I am unlocking it)

Anyway I took it to them and they said they could fix it and then charged me £25

Went to go and try it and suprise, it still dosen't open. Apparently now i need a new mechanisim for £85.

I'm I being ripped off?

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
So they charged you £25 for not fixing it? Probably labour charge for diagnosis.

Phone them anonymously and ask for a price on the part, then fit it yourself.

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
you could take a look, remove the plasic plug from the door edge (level with the handle) under there is a screw, Torx I think, remove the screw and the non moving part of the door handle comes out, there is a short cable from the moving handle to the inside mechanism which may have broken or just jumped out

LoDa

Oct 12, 2008
Southampton
you could take a look, remove the plasic plug from the door edge (level with the handle) under there is a screw, Torx I think, remove the screw and the non moving part of the door handle comes out, there is a short cable from the moving handle to the inside mechanism which may have broken or just jumped out

Thx i'll try that tomorrow!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members