dodgy interior light

sortu

Got To Love Diamond Audio
Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
so when im going round corners of over speed bumps my interior light comes on, really annoying it is [:@], so ive switched it off for now, anyone know how to sort it? any help would be appreciated thanks

Dan1.6

1.6 Power FTW!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2008
Chesterfield
pop the light out and check the connections on the back or check the actuall rocker just pop thaqt being carefull and check the connections

Mat

Dan, I notice you've had your name changed on here, but what about the title ;)

Mat

also, the car in the pic looks like a 1.4

but i wont tell anyone if you don't ';)

Anyway, back on topic, check connectors, and switch

Also VAG COM would/should bring a code if there's a dodgy earth etc. It did for my temp sensor on my 1.4

Dan1.6

1.6 Power FTW!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2008
Chesterfield
also, the car in the pic looks like a 1.4

but i wont tell anyone if you don't ';)

Anyway, back on topic, check connectors, and switch

Also VAG COM would/should bring a code if there's a dodgy earth etc. It did for my temp sensor on my 1.4

you've told everyone now :ban:

check to make sure the bulb is sat properly

coolypops

Tastes like chicken
Feb 14, 2009
The Emerald Isle
the door sensors are on the center pillar near the bottom(front) and at the rear of the back door jam on the back. they usually have a black rubber cover on them. if not it will be a small white plastic button.

sortu

Got To Love Diamond Audio
Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
right just been outside and can;t test any of the sensors now, i think the bulb has gone aswell, so will have to change that first then check the sensors, anyone know which bulb fits? dont want the yellow oem one though fancy something like led?

coolypops

Tastes like chicken
Feb 14, 2009
The Emerald Isle
you can usually check the sensors by just pressing them and listening to the noise they make while going in. should be smooth (no clicking or creaking noise).

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise