Does your car misfire on tickover

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
trouble is getting them to act.
tbh whole thing is pissed me right off , and i have phoned every day and got no where :(

SEAT and the garage just dont care at all.

H8T WP

i know how you feel, at the end of the day they are just humans like us and dont give a **** cos its not their car! you will eventually get to some one who cares!

im very surprised at that particular garage, i have been there and have met a few of them outside work hours etc

who else can you call ! ?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Its the garage emailing technical at SEAT which is the problem , they are both blaming each other as to lack of information and reporting back.

Dont think they know a phone exsists.
Might be 1 comunication per week it looks like :cry:

i think this problem is way out of the garages comfort zone hence they are struggling.

H8T WP

would it help geting the finance company involved and see if some thing can be done ? assuming its on finance, your paying for a car which is just sitting in the garage

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
The time they have taken on it so far would surely have paid for the engine by now.

believe me, as an ex bmw employee, unfortunately for rob his car will have been parked up in either the corner of the workshop or compound, and worked on only when theres nothing else to do or one of the 'techs' is bored.
there is no money in it for the stealer, and no bonus potential for the lads, so unfortunately apathy rules in this case.
i'd be surprised if theres been more than 6 hrs workon this car in the whole time its been in.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
believe me, as an ex bmw employee, unfortunately for rob his car will have been parked up in either the corner of the workshop or compound, and worked on only when theres nothing else to do or one of the 'techs' is bored.
there is no money in it for the stealer, and no bonus potential for the lads, so unfortunately apathy rules in this case.
i'd be surprised if theres been more than 6 hrs workon this car in the whole time its been in.

But when Rob comes to buy another car the dealer will be hoping he might spend another £20k with them. This is the issue with dealers - short term'ism. Everything you say above I completely agree with / believe, but haven't they got the forsight to see how much long term reputational this event could cause as Rob will obviously be speaking to friends / locals / work colleagues and anyone he meets about his experience, particularly if they say they are thinking of buying a SEAT in the future. Bad news travels like wildfire!

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
But when Rob comes to buy another car the dealer will be hoping he might spend another £20k with them. This is the issue with dealers - short term'ism. Everything you say above I completely agree with / believe, but haven't they got the forsight to see how much long term reputational this event could cause as Rob will obviously be speaking to friends / locals / work colleagues and anyone he meets about his experience, particularly if they say they are thinking of buying a SEAT in the future. Bad news travels like wildfire!

wouldnt give the dealer time of day mate !

when my car is ready for collection its going to be hard for me not to grab the bloke by the throat and pull him over the desk.

to rub salt into the wound , they sent me a customer satisfaction survey for when they serviced my car in october [:@]
filed it straight away.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
its been sorted eventually m8
car was rolling roaded last sarturday , standard car pushed out 267.1 bhp :D
and 158 lb/ft torque.

got there eventually but a long hard slog !

realneal00_0

Emocion Red Mk2 Cupra
Oct 5, 2008
Newcastle upon tyne
Interesting thread to read. Having intermittent problems with mine going into limp mode. Guess I'll probably be going down the same road as you Robdf2. I'd be interested to know how you get on. and what the end problem is, should they ever find out what it is.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
tbh mate i have more chance of winning the lottery than SEAT ever getting off their areses and doing anythng.
good luck with yours mate.
btw its in the garage again for 2 weeks as we speek while i am on holiday in cyprus , i will be really peeded off if they dont do anything.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise