Dog Bone Bushes Fitted

Mike FR+

Hi all

I fit my Powerflex dog bone bushes a few days ago and just thought I would let you know what I think.

Positives:

* Exhaust note is much deeper and noticeable
* No wheel hop
* The front end feels more planted (dog bone bushes combined with my new Eibach ARB's lol).
* Seems to pull and accelerate quicker

Negatives:

* A little bit of vibration on low revs and when initially pulling away. These vibrations aren't too bad, not as bad as I thought or as bad as I had read on here, think I was lucky lol. Also, the vibrations disappear if you pull off approx 500rpm more than usual.

What I will say though is that for an extra £10, SuperPro do a dog bone bush that has virtually no vibrations at all in the diesels, so I may have a go of one next year some time when I change the engine mounts to INA or Vibtatechnics etc

All in all, for £18.50 I cant think of a better mod.

platofan

Oct 12, 2009
Nice, going to get one of these and hope it stops the clonking when i change gear or dip the clutch :)

Mike FR+

I got a good "special" price on a Golf MK4 Dog Bone bush kit (they are the Leon, Octavia, Bora etc) - £18.50 delivered, but expect t pay around £25 delivered.

The problem you will have in finding one is that there was a fire at the factory and none are currently available from them. eBay is your best bet - some stock is beong held by sellers.

Your clutch will feel a lot stronger and more responsive and seems to make the engine rev truer. It honestly does make your car feel stronger and quicker.

The vibrations are meant to settle after 500-1000 miles.

You can always hybrid the mounts too - the smaller bush leave as standard and just replace the bigger one of the 2 bushes.

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
i've had a poly-something-or-other from AmD for just over 2000miles now.

Soon as i have some free time i'll be going back to stock :( the feeling is great, but the vibration is crazy. if i had access to another car i'd keep it on though

Mike FR+

I will swap you my OEM bushes for your Poly ones then Volvic lol

Mike FR+

Try the SuperPro bushes Volvic, they don't have any extra vibration at all but you get the same feel as the Polyflex ones.